Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrestled with a blue belt ju-jitsu pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gym you work at man? I'm in Florida on vacation with my girl, New Smyrna Beach if that's close? Buy you a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
      One of those of 3 things happened :
      1-The guy probably sucked
      2-He was going easy with you
      3-You're a prodigy

A legit blue belt would have probably wrecked you. Im close to getting blue myself , i dont see myself struggling with a new guy with no grappling experience unless he's freaking enormous and strong.
      BS I've been training boxing on and off for years and I decided to go upstairs and roll with some of the BJJ guys I would spar with (boxing). I'm 140 5'6 I pulled off some kind of ankle hold and submitted a guy easily over 6 feet but he was lanky.

I also rolled with the teacher who was easily 170 but definitely not very powerful and if I knew any submissions he would have been donzo and everybody watching knew it. Mind you there was a 13 year old kid (I'm 32) whom didn't have the power to really roll with me being that power was all I really had after rolling a bit in a stale mate of him using technique and me using grown man strength I decided not to use muscle and the kid choked the **** outta me at least 5 times in 1 night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
        BS I've been training boxing on and off for years and I decided to go upstairs and roll with some of the BJJ guys I would spar with (boxing). I'm 140 5'6 I pulled off some kind of ankle hold and submitted a guy easily over 6 feet but he was lanky.

I also rolled with the teacher who was easily 170 but definitely not very powerful and if I knew any submissions he would have been donzo and everybody watching knew it. Mind you there was a 13 year old kid (I'm 32) whom didn't have the power to really roll with me being that power was all I really had after rolling a bit in a stale mate of him using technique and me using grown man strength I decided not to use muscle and the kid choked the **** outta me at least 5 times in 1 night.
        I tapped out Roger Gracie this morning, he just didn't see my flying triangle to gogoplata coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          No he wasn't playing with me, it got serious after a few seconds. Like I said, I have always been a naturally strong guy and I'm 190 not of flab, I'm pretty solid and he had his hands full. He had me in like 10 submissions but I broke from each one by picking him up or just using strength to over power his grip.
          Then whoever promoted him to blue is a disgrace. A BJJ blue belt is experienced enough that he's going to go easy on a noob. Not to hurt your feelings, but you've decided to publicly brag so expect people to call you on it. Your strength is irrelevant to the fact that you don't know your escapes. It's like a BJJ guy saying he slipped and countered you for the first round in sparing when he doesn't even know the basic punches. Train for even a month and you'll understand just how much of a fish out of water you are.

Comment

I'm a purple belt under Magno Gama @ RGA Manhattan. I'm 240lbs solid, former D1 Defensive end with a background in Thai boxing and Judo. They would have the blue belts roll with us who advanced quickly through the class and I promise you, even with months experience and a background in Judo I was getting tapped by blue belts that I had nearly 100lbs on, quick as Hell too.

I like you man and I respect you and what you do, but there is no way in Hell you went in with no experience and held your own in even one round of grappling with a legitimate blue belt having just American wrestling experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              I tapped out Roger Gracie this morning, he just didn't see my flying triangle to gogoplata coming.
              I've got no reason to lie here. My point is you could train all your life but some people are just going to beat other people.

Jon Jones is a perfect example his physical attributes make him dominate those with more credentials than he. you kids are sad you think anybody with something to say is lying. Everything I stated was true also the fact that I was tapped out by a 13 year old kid.

The other instructor is well over 230 and he wouldn't even roll with me because I'm just to small.
              Last edited by Bacatit; 10-17-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                Then whoever promoted him to blue is a disgrace. A BJJ blue belt is experienced enough that he's going to go easy on a noob. Not to hurt your feelings, but you've decided to publicly brag so expect people to call you on it. Your strength is irrelevant to the fact that you don't know your escapes. It's like a BJJ guy saying he slipped and countered you for the first round in sparing when he doesn't even know the basic punches. Train for even a month and you'll understand just how much of a fish out of water you are.

First off I didn't come on here to brag, if anything I put myself down by saying I have 30lbs on the guy. I didn't do anything but NOT get tapped out, thats about it. I don't know what I'm doing, don't know any subs and all I did was just use my strength and weight to keep him from tapping me.

I respect MMA very much, I'm not like the typical boxing guy, I have seen these guys up close and they are no joke.

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                I'm a purple belt under Magno Gama @ RGA Manhattan. I'm 240lbs solid, former D1 Defensive end with a background in Thai boxing and Judo. They would have the blue belts roll with us who advanced quickly through the class and I promise you, even with months experience and a background in Judo I was getting tapped by blue belts that I had nearly 100lbs on, quick as Hell too.

I like you man and I respect you and what you do, but there is no way in Hell you went in with no experience and held your own in even one round of grappling with a legitimate blue belt having just American wrestling experience.
                Well, he did tell me that because we didn't hit each other, that makes a difference. He's straight from Brazil and is a pro fighter who is undefeated. So I don't think he's some chump.

Maybe your right, maybe he wasn't going as hard as I thought he was but it sure seemed like it. I mean we were both sweating, both going pretty strong, at least it felt like that to me.

He did have a gi on (spelling?) that karate uniform whatever it's called. That actually helped me out because I would grab it and pick him up by it.

Anyway, it was fun and maybe your right, maybe he was taking it easy or just playing it defensive.

Comment

First off I didn't come on here to brag, if anything I put myself down by saying I have 30lbs on the guy. I didn't do anything but NOT get tapped out, thats about it. I don't know what I'm doing, don't know any subs and all I did was just use my strength and weight to keep him from tapping me.

I respect MMA very much, I'm not like the typical boxing guy, I have seen these guys up close and they are no joke.

Well, he did tell me that because we didn't hit each other, that makes a difference. He's straight from Brazil and is a pro fighter who is undefeated. So I don't think he's some chump.

Maybe your right, maybe he wasn't going as hard as I thought he was but it sure seemed like it. I mean we were both sweating, both going pretty strong, at least it felt like that to me.

He did have a gi on (spelling?) that karate uniform whatever it's called. That actually helped me out because I would grab it and pick him up by it.

Anyway, it was fun and maybe your right, maybe he was taking it easy or just playing it defensive.

They act like these guys aren't regular people because they have ranks. Nobody would compare Jones technique to Machida or Shogun but they who would win. Jones is amateur as hell with his technique and gets the job done. I'm no Jones and I think my instructor was probably trying to lightly roll with me and got more thanhe expected. I didn't expect to do as well as I did.
                  Nobody said oh **** you did a good job when it was over but they were he's got him when I had dude back from the bottom, I just didn't know how to submit him wore out and he escaped. He finally submitted me as I gave in to exhaustion but the fact remains rankings don't always mean a thing.

Nobody would say Evans is a better striker than Chuck or Page but guess what ??? ...Exactly

Anyways after getting some training in Judo and Bjj I don't know why anybody would'nt participate in all 3. I love the work out I got and even when class didn't go so well for me I left feeling 3 inches taller.

I think all boxers should get a taste of Muay Thai, Bjj, Judo, & if your still in high school wrestling. I wish I would have wrestled in high school now. I would never train just one anymore they are all beneficial to the one..whatever that one may be for you as long as you don't get injured with a fight ahead.
                  I definitely would not train grappling if I had a fight in the works.

Comment

Exactly. Belt promotions for the most part are unregulated and completely arbitrary and anyone can start teaching a course in a strip mall. Unless you're training with some guy that's got decades of experience or someone that started their own fighting system that's been proven to work, you never know who will be better or who can beat who.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19883...you-think.html

Comment

I am a trainer at a pro gym in South Florida and we have an MMA section where some pro fighters from brazil have come to work out preparing for some fight in Virginia on the Belator card.

One of the guys, a 160lb pro from Brazil, challenged me to wrestle. I don't know anything about ju-jitsu or wrestling or any of that but I do out weigh him by 30lbs. I am a strong guy, always have been but was a boxer all my life.

Anyway, we wrestled or grappled for 2 rounds and I got on top of him and he couldn't get me off of him. In the final 15 seconds of the 2nd round he snaked around the side of me and got me in some sideways choke when the bell rang.

It was fun, and I did a lot better than I thought I would. I know he was 30lbs lighter but I have no training whatsoever in any wrestling or ju-jitsu. Got tired as fuk too, that sh.it is no joke.
                      You're such a cornball ...why do you lie all the time??

You're 40+ and come up with all those stories about sparring pro boxers and now you beat a guy in his field..

Lookin for attention just like the good bye thread you made

Comment

Working...
                      X