No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez' best performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    I disagree with that entirely. Rosario had way more explosive power than Chavez. Chavez was just much more skilled and was able to nullify a lot of Rosario's power with defense and distance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I remember JJ being on that card, lol. Don King often paired JCC and him in fights.
    Still, Rosario nearly had JJ level power.
    Exactly.

I disagree on the last statement. IMO if Rosario had Jackson's power (or Jackson had Rosario's skills) he would have even more KO1 on his records.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
      Exactly.

I disagree on the last statement. IMO if Rosario had Jackson's power (or Jackson had Rosario's skills) he would have even more KO1 on his records.
      Rosario was more patient, and more unpredictable with his performances because of drugs. Jackson was almost always in better physical shape than Rosario. I dont really care about the number of 1st round KOs they have, its more about their in ring performance against competent fighters. Valero had a ton of 1st round KOs, and Im not going to say he hit harder than Jackson, for example.

In terms of natural raw power, Rosario is comparable, imo. Although Jackson is the man in the explosive power catagory.

Comment

Rosario was more patient, and more unpredictable with his performances because of drugs. Jackson was almost always in better physical shape than Rosario. I dont really care about the number of 1st round KOs they have, its more about their in ring performance against competent fighters. Valero had a ton of 1st round KOs, and Im not going to say he hit harder than Jackson, for example.

In terms of natural raw power, Rosario is comparable, imo. Although Jackson is the man in the explosive power catagory.
        I don't care about KO1 either, I was just making the point that if Jackson had the skills of Chapo he would be landing more often, and stop his opponents before. Jackson had this absurd power. Sometimes he looked like a fish out of the water. Then... Boom! zzz zzz zzz

Comment

I don't care about KO1 either, I was just making the point that if Jackson had the skills of Chapo he would be landing more often, and stop his opponents before. Jackson had this absurd power. Sometimes he looked like a fish out of the water. Then... Boom! zzz zzz zzz
          lol, Im not disagreeing that Jackson is the king in KO power department. I think Ill just leave it at that.

Rosario to me is one of the best punchers of all time, however.

Comment

lol, Im not disagreeing that Jackson is the king in KO power department. I think Ill just leave it at that.

Rosario to me is one of the best punchers of all time, however.
            That is why I asked what Jabs meant by best, because I can definitely relate to the notion that best is not necessarily hardest and vice versa. If you include in the equation the way power is used then Chapo gains a lot on ground on Jacksons.

Lol... I just convinced myself to watch the Camacho fight one of these days.

Comment

That is why I asked what Jabs meant by best, because I can definitely relate to the notion that best is not necessarily hardest and vice versa. If you include in the equation the way power is used then Chapo gains a lot on ground on Jacksons.

Lol... I just convinced myself to watch the Camacho fight one of these days.

Julian Jackson EVENTUALLY became the hardest puncher in the sport, and in history. But, in October of '87 he still didn't have the resumeand all of those one-punch KOs over world class comp.

So, Jackson is historically a bigger puncher than Rosario, but wasn't considered such on the night Chavez tore through Chapo.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                Julian Jackson EVENTUALLY became the hardest puncher in the sport, and in history. But, in October of '87 he still didn't have the resumeand all of those one-punch KOs over world class comp.

So, Jackson is historically a bigger puncher than Rosario, but wasn't considered such on the night Chavez tore through Chapo.
                I evaluate best performance based on reality not perception, but who cares... I watched me some Rosario because of this convo :-)

Comment

I evaluate best performance based on reality not perception, but who cares... I watched me some Rosario because of this convo :-)
                  Watch his blowout of Bramble. No one was hurting Bramble back then, but Rosario lit him up with a serious display of offense. Picture-perfect textbook power-punching.

Comment

Rosario was a beast at lightweight and Chavez had come up a weight to challege him.. So to stop Rosario the way he did was a truly great performance..
                    I really liked Rosario and can remember being disappointed when he lost.. So for me, his best performance has to be against a fighter i've never been overawed on..
                    I mean Camacho ofcourse.. JCC really beat the granny out of him in that one, totally cut him off and set about thrashing him.. For a guy who runs backwards faster than a kid on a skateboard, Macho got hit an awful lot that night.. But to give him some credit, took it like a man and showed a bloody good chin in the process.. And with Chavez upping the intensity of his attacks throughout the later rounds, did incredibly well to hear the final bell..

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                      Watch his blowout of Bramble. No one was hurting Bramble back then, but Rosario lit him up with a serious display of offense. Picture-perfect textbook power-punching.
                      That is a good one too. As I mentioned, my personal favorite is the Camacho fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X