Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok just checked out some MMA/UFC fight, why the hell is that crap compared to boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Domination what do you think of Fedor?

Comment

I think the issue here is that to be successful in mma one has to be somewhat of a jack of all trades as you are dealing with completely different styles. Whereas with boxing we see those who have a mastery of one discipline as the fighters are heavily restricted in only allowing to use their hands. This imo is why many mma fights seem "sloppy" and compared to pro boxers etc, the boxing skills seem inept.

But I suppose, one can still see a certain mastery of things like grappling etc if you look for it, but it just doesn't translate well enough on tv as a right hook to the jaw etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
        I think the issue here is that to be successful in mma one has to be somewhat of a jack of all trades as you are dealing with completely different styles. Whereas with boxing we see those who have a mastery of one discipline as the fighters are heavily restricted in only allowing to use their hands. This imo is why many mma fights seem "sloppy" and compared to pro boxers etc, the boxing skills seem inept.

But I suppose, one can still see a certain mastery of things like grappling etc if you look for it, but it just doesn't translate well enough on tv as a right hook to the jaw etc.
        I get you and definitely the Boxing skills in MMA isn't close to the Boxing skills in Boxing, but MMA does have some very skilled fights where they transition into different disciplines of fighting.

Comment

MMA does not compare to boxing, but it's a good sport in it's own right UFC Rio was good and Anderson Silva is their Mayweather type very skilled fighter. Comparing it to boxing because it's a combat sport is stupid! No sport compares to boxing for me football/ Soccer is a distant second.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            Lol Domination what do you think of Fedor?
            Fedor just doesn't have it anymore, he is shot to pieces and has slowed down significantly.

Prime Fedor beats Werdum, Henderson and Bigfoot on the same night.

Fedor is still the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post
              Fedor just doesn't have it anymore, he is shot to pieces and has slowed down significantly.

in an MMA fight who would win between Fedor vs Wladimir ?

Comment

i think it basicly comes down to your preference.
                if you enjoy grappling / wrestling / judo then mma is a good sport, if you cant stand it keep it as far away as possible.
                imo mma is great because it is about the best fighter who knows it all and can combine it the best way.
                its natural that the skill level of the single aspects ( boxing, muaythai, wrestling, bjj ....) will never reach the heights of people who train for the single art.

for all those keyboard warriors, you should head to an mma gym and get some sparring rounds in before you call mma fighter ******s.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post

excellent post to put things into perspective. it was hard for me to fully get into mma, it just felt frustrating to watch.

this guy was mostly on K-1 (a lot tolerable than UFC if you're a boxing fan) and he was entertaining as hell... he fought motherfuckin' butterbean.

Last edited by John Barron; 09-02-2011, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Regan View Post
                    i think it basicly comes down to your preference.
                    if you enjoy grappling / wrestling / judo then mma is a good sport, if you cant stand it keep it as far away as possible.
                    imo mma is great because it is about the best fighter who knows it all and can combine it the best way.
                    its natural that the skill level of the single aspects ( boxing, muaythai, wrestling, bjj ....) will never reach the heights of people who train for the single art.

for all those keyboard warriors, you should head to an mma gym and get some sparring rounds in before you call mma fighter ******s.
                    Yeah i think your right i never really liked WWE/WWF when i was a kid because of the wrestling element. I see the skill in MMA as i tried doing some grappling when i was younger and was dreadfull at it. I just dont understand the attraction in it. I'm an F1 fan and a lot of people hate that.

Comment

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post

Fedor was a Eastern Euro hypejob that got exposed as soon as he stepped up his level competition and just got PWN'T by a 41 year old grandfather.

Sheilds, Rampage, Silva all fought and DEFEATED a better version of Dan Henderson and Fedor couldn't last 5 minutes with the old decrepit grampa version HAHAHAHAHA.

Eastern Euro's are the worst athletes EVER and can't compete at the highest level in any sport unless they're competing in a dead FAT era of said sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X