No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko Feels Tyson Fury Rematch Will Be Huge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Its not discussed because its obvious bro. 1st let me say Klitchko is/was a helluva champ but Klitchko showed he cant overcome a reach & height disadvantage. Hes never had to attack his opponents body & it was obvious this passed weekend. I think at about rd8 i appreciated mike tysons head movement and body work on the inside because Furys body was there for the taking but klitchko seemed to be confused on what to do....
    This he has never found anybody that tall that fought tall. Fury did to him what he has been doing to opponents for years. I'm sure Wladdy didn't like being on the other end of the stick for once.

Comment

Vitali Should Come Out Of Retirement To KO Fury!

Vitali was always better than Wlad. Wlad-Fury was a horrible fight period, no matter who won. Fury looked horrible and Wlad looked worse. I love Wlad's excuse. His reach longer than mine gave me trouble throwing my right. Well let's see, most of Mike Tysons career every opponent had a greater reach than him; he seemed to find a way most nights to throw the right. Leonard knocked Hearns out in the 14th with a considerable reach disadvantage. Wlad just got old in one night right before our very eyes; that's what happens. They can't pull the trigger on the right hand anymore. They just walk around the ring all night carrying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
        what's he going to do in a rematch

are they going to teach him inside game and how to throw a body shot at the age of 40

I have huge respect for wlad but he's 40 years old, had a hell of a career and this is not a good move for him. Take your millions well earned and go home to your beautiful wife and kids
        Well thats my thought.

I don't see what else he can do in general that he didn't do on Saturday except somehow land a right that stops Fury. That was the same old Wlad in there, just in with a guy that his stylistically bad for him and probably has his number. It is what it is.

After reigning for so long, the chances are you're gonna run into a guy who knows how to deal with you. That's what makes the sport so great, because these exciting nights happen that most don't expect.

It doesn't make Wlad any less great, he's been a great champ. Fury is just a nightmare for him and will be any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
          He had a torn shoulder, but sure.

Wlad was just too old. Dude is 39. Roll him back 5 years and he beats Fury 12-0. You get it, it happens.
          I don't think too many people question this much (I would hope) but it's Wladimir NOW that matters still.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Well thats my thought.

I don't see what else he can do in general that he didn't do on Saturday except somehow land a right that stops Fury. That was the same old Wlad in there, just in with a guy that his stylistically bad for him and probably has his number. It is what it is.

After reigning for so long, the chances are you're gonna run into a guy who knows how to deal with you. That's what makes the sport so great, because these exciting nights happen that most don't expect.

It doesn't make Wlad any less great, he's been a great champ. Fury is just a nightmare for him and will be any day of the week.
            That's not true at all.

If he makes absolutely no adjustments whatsoever other than simply fight very aggressively, he could certainly get the KO. Even fighting like he did in the 12th from the start would atleast ensure him the early rounds.

As soon as Wladimir makes the gap the odds of Fury surviving are lowered and I don't think wearing a few more Fury shots than he did will really hurt Wlad that much to stop him, his chin is pretty solid really.

I'm not saying Wladimir WILL do it, Fury may win again also, but even with just greater output it's clear Wlaidmir can still win even before we think about expanding his repertoire.

Hell I think he can practice throwing an uppercut or two atleast right?

This has the hallmark of Lewis/Rahman written all over it.

Wladimir was simply complacent and lazy as ****.

If there is any "excuse" ^^^ surely that's the obvious one!

I mean 18 power punches landed in 12 rounds? REally? If you don't think he can do better than that at 40 you'd be sorely mistaken!

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              Wladimir is a better fighter than Fury, perhaps there was an injury we don't know about, I expect Wladimir will KO Fury in the rematch and go on to beat Wilder in 2016.
              bs if wlad had an injury the fight would of been postponed again

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
                what's he going to do in a rematch

are they going to teach him inside game and how to throw a body shot at the age of 40

I have huge respect for wlad but he's 40 years old, had a hell of a career and this is not a good move for him. Take your millions well earned and go home to your beautiful wife and kids
                They could try showing up with an actual gameplan, instead of the "jab-n-clinch" blueprint that works only when you have 3+ inches of height and reach on your opponent.

Comment

Vitali is talking rubbish , Wlad never got the chance to get in the fight as Tyson didn't let him.As soon as the jab was taken so was the fight , no plan B and although he still tried his default mode holding with Tyson being so big even that hardly worked. Wlad blatantly butted Tyson and kept turning his back. He tried every dirty trick in the book , before , during and after but could not faze the big man and this talk from Vitali shows just how deluded they are about the truth of what just happened.Great movement from the big man completely undid the embarrassingly one dimensional robot like Wlad......that's the truth Vitali !

Comment

Vitali needs to come out of retirement to fight lil bro's battles yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      What are the reasons why he wasn't in good condition and why he showed no good technique? Why is it too early to discuss that now?
                      Sorry to say this but Wlad and Vitali are almost like bullies, they are almost bigger than their opponents, in case where their opponents are the same size as them and a bit decent they both struggle sometimes.

Here Wlad was extra vary of Fury due to his sheer size, he is scared anyway to get hit but he was even extra scared against Fury, he knew he didn't have the size advantage but he still didn't want to do what he had to do to create advantages for himself e.g go inside, all fury had to do was stay on his outside and use his longer reach, Wlad wasn't prepared to work or fight his way inside (He would have got hit coming in) but he is still the better fighter, better experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X