No announcement yet.

Fury "fans" crawling out of the woodwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Correct. It was just like watching a HW version of Mayweather. Casuals just won't appreciate the technical ability of the man, they just want to see idiots like Wilder jumping around launching big windmills.
    Fury landed 86 punches in 12 rounds.

In his most notoriously uneventful 12 round fight against Baldomir, Mayweather landed 199 punches.

Comment

I rarely post and just read. I can only speak for myself, but I would never of bought the PPV if I thought fury didn't have a chance.

I always knew fury could cause wlad problems. This was fury's coming out party and I really wanted it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I didn't think much of Fury going into this fight and fully expected him to get knocked out.

But somehow he surprised and actually rid us of the cancer that is Wladimir Klitschko. How can you not be thankful and appreciative to him for that?

He deserves new fans based on that alone.
        You would think...but unfortunately the fact that it's a Brit who did it is proving rather a tough pill to swallow for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          You would think...but unfortunately the fact that it's a Brit who did it is proving rather a tough pill to swallow for some.
          I don't think so really. After Wlads long boring reign, boxing fans are ready for an exciting heavyweight to reign. And say what you want but even though Fury won that was one boring performance. He had a sitting duck in front of him and he couldn't get him out of there or didn't want to take the risk of getting him out of there.

I think people would be much more happy with Fury if he stepped on the gas and went for it in the last half of the fight to try and get the ko.

But to me Fury is just another boring giant heavyweight.

The heavyweight division didn't get better with this win. But ill give him a chance and be fair and see what he does with the title

Make no mistake about it though this wasn't an inspiring victory.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            I don't think so really. After Wlads long boring reign, boxing fans are ready for an exciting heavyweight to reign. And say what you want but even though Fury won that was one boring performance. He had a sitting duck in front of him and he couldn't get him out of there or didn't want to take the risk of getting him out of there.

I think people would be much more happy with Fury if he stepped on the gas and went for it in the last half of the fight to try and get the ko.

But to me Fury is just another boring giant heavyweight.

The heavyweight division didn't get better with this win. But ill give him a chance and be fair and see what he does with the title

Make no mistake about it though this wasn't an inspiring victory.
            Where you from then?

Comment

Fury has been more entertaining than this, but how can you not love a ****sexual gypo standing in front of the hard-hitting champ of the world with his hands behind his back?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Fury landed 86 punches in 12 rounds.

In his most notoriously uneventful 12 round fight against Baldomir, Mayweather landed 199 punches.
                Is there any other type of a Mayweather fight?

Anyway, he landed 148 against Pacquiao.

TBE, TBE!

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  Where were you all during the build up? The Master thread got very lonely for us true Fury fans at times.

"Wladimir gonna knock Fury out with the first right hand he lands doe"
                  Wasn't a fan before the fight but his theatrics and abdicate during the fight made me a fan. I think if there is a rematch vlad wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Not in this world.

you think froch has a better resume than ward?

why?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                      I have to say that was one god awful fight Saturday. Wlad didn't do squat, he was old and washed up.

Fury wasn't all that spectacular either. With Wlad not throwing a damn thing all Fury had to do was be just a tab bit busier to win the fight, which he did. Fury didn't look all that great. With the amount of punches that Wlad was throwing Fury should have lit his ass up. Only 140 something punches connected combined between the two, that's god awful.

Ill tell you this much the Heavyweight division didn't get all that better after Saturday. We still have a unexciting SH IT champion who is a giant and sad thing is with Fury's size dude doesn't have power.

If all think this Fury winning made that heavyweights better think again.
                      Mate, the whole reason Wlad didn't throw many punches was because he was being mentally shut down by Fury's feints, switch hits and movement. Fighters don't just randomly decide not to throw any punches. There's always a good reason why a world class fighter's punch output rapidly drops and it's always to do with the opponent.

Your claim that "all Fury had to do was be a bit just a tad bit busier to win the fight" totally disrespects what was a masterful performance he put on. By just keeping Wlad guessing and not giving him any opportunities to get settled he prevented the champion from executing any kind of offence at all.

Boxing is so much more than just throwing punches and landing them. There's a huge mental aspect as well, and Fury is proving to be a master at it.
                      Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 11-30-2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X