No announcement yet.

Who is the better fighter???????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    I've seen multiple people mention that Kovalev has real/KO power, so I'll throw this out there:

Source
    Interesting....

Comment

Ward has faced better, bigger opposition and hasn't been beaten since he was in diapers & yet some people would have us believe that he would be cut down in a heartbeat by an unproven GGG

I wish people would enlighten us as to how they came to this conclusion

BTW, I am a huge fan of GGG but there is so much crap written about him that he would find it embarrassing if he ever read social media

IMO, he is the real champ @ '60, Kovalev @ '75 and Ward is the spanner in everyone's works as he probably beats them all if he ever gets into the ring
      Last edited by Tomjas; 11-24-2015, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
        Ward has faced better, bigger opposition and hasn't been beaten since he was in diapers & yet some people would have us believe that he would be cut down in a heartbeat by an unproven GGG

I wish people would enlighten us as to how they came to this conclusion

BTW, I am a huge fan of GGG but there is so much crap written about him that he would find it embarrassing if he ever read social media

IMO, he is the real champ @ '60, Kovalev @ '75 and Ward is the spanner in everyone's works as he probably beats them all if he ever gets into the ring
        Ward needs to fight some decent opposition and EARN his money!Fighting the Smiths of the world ain't doing jacksh.it for his career or his LEGACY.Ward needs to stop talking and do more fighting,it's as simple as that really.

I mean,could Ward draw in a crowd of 80,000 people at wembley?I think not.

Comment

I think GGG has a rangier style..but Kovalev throw well countering, close, and in transition. The suite of skills he had to outbox Hopkins..a veritable boxing professor says it all... Also of note is Campillo, who was a favorite of people as a spoiler for a while for having a difficult style. Kov has the edge for me until GGG shows me otherwise.
          Last edited by Syf; 11-24-2015, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I've seen multiple people mention that Kovalev has real/KO power, so I'll throw this out there:

Source
            I belive what i see with my own eyes

clubbing martin murray out over 12 rounds doesn't compare to icing solid 175lb'rs with the first real punch you land

Kovalev hits harder for sure

That said golovkin is more skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
              I belive what i see with my own eyes

clubbing martin murray out over 12 rounds doesn't compare to icing solid 175lb'rs with the first real punch you land

Kovalev hits harder for sure

That said golovkin is more skilled.
              How many rounds have you sparred/fought with both fighters?

Comment

Boone is SEVERELY underrated. He's given trouble to many future great fighters. It's funny you bring him up though, because he'd be an excellent source of this information as he was GGG's sparring partner this year and has fought Kov in the past.

I'm not sure who's better. To me, Kovalev displayed excellent boxing IQ when he took care of Hopkins. Not only did he prove himself younger and stronger (which were obvious), but he was rarely outsmarted by BHop. Not many fighters are able to say that.

Golovkin's aura of invincibility is still very strong. He's never been down, never been seriously hurt and very rarely lost a round.

So.. can someone find Boone and ask him?

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                  Golovkin or Kovalev?
                  hey put up a poll, no?

Comment

Golovkin is better because he has more dimensions, I can't think of anything he can't do. Kovalev cannot fight going backwards, when pushed back he's left stumbling awkwardly and he can't do much inside neither, he has one dimension, from what I've seen he's a long range puncher only with not many hooks to speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      hey put up a poll, no?
                      Done Weltz.

Comment

Working...
                      X