Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    Lots of people were expecting Floyds to do around 600k+ but not much more. So not even doing 400k was a flop.

With GGG who was in his first PPV and isnt American or of Latin decent(which matters when you want PPV numbers) people thought maybe he'd get around 250k. Well he couldn't even break 100k. Which is a disappointment.

But Floyd being the face of boxing and someone who was averaging 1mil+ per PPV and fighting his final fight, I see that being the bigger flop.
    By your numbers Mayweather did around 66% of what was expected and Little G did around 40%. Little G was the biggest flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Pretty much. For me, the biggest difference is that May/Berto was absolutely panned by media and fans before it even happened. I was actually impressed that it did 400k because NOBODY wanted that fight. On the other hand, no one expected Golovkin to do this poorly. This was billed as an action packed fight that introduced boxing's new star to the world. Instead, it was an ugly beat-down that nobody bought.
      Exactly...................

Comment

GGG was hyped as such a huge draw and wow 97k is amazingly low

Comment

Everyone was pissed at Floyd for the dud that the May 2nd fight was and the Berto fight was considered by 95% of boxing fans to be a clear mismatch. So the GGG fight was the bigger disappointment based on the fact that most of his supporters believed he had already arrived at the super star stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Someone posted last week that cotto's first Ppv did 60k. Any validity to this?
            Yeah in his PPV vs. Malignaggi (back in 2006) *but* that PPV was held the same day as the Hopkins/Tarver fight on HBO PPV and was done as a PPV independent of the major networks (Showtime or HBO) as I think Arum was mad at HBO at the time for scheduling Hopkins/Tarver on the same date as the Cotto fight (which I believe was Puerto Rican Day parade weekend)...

Comment

Floyds low buys for Berto are more disappointed it was advertised as his last fight, but nobody cared, if you are the cash cow and legit ppv draw you would have had people tune in in droves to witness your last fight after you beat Pacquiao. You would think Floyds farewell fight would do at least a million buys, he just came off the biggest win of his entire boxing career against Pacquiao.

GGG isn't American and never did a ppv in his life, its his first ppv so you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt here. While Floyd has been on PPV for years and is well known and American so you should do more buys in your own country than a foreigner, so his buys are very very bad for a man who is the self proclaimed cash cow who has no losses or never been knocked out and on top of the game.

I said it a year ago nobody knows who GGG is, and the Floyd fans who live online think this message board is real life so when they see someone praising GGG and hyping him online they automatically believe everyone is hyping him, they had GGG ad a freaking hockey game I posted it before and said nobody knew him and the lady couldnt pronounce his name, I called it that his buys would not do well because they do not promote him at all and K2 only brings hi to local boxing events to promote him, you gotta promote to the mainstream not the niche market that already knows him.

Comment

Easily GGG's numbers. He's heavily backed and hyped by HBO. GGG has a friendlier style to the general audience and this fight had KO written all over it. It was a very anticipated fight (or I least we thought it was). This was a total flop.

On the other hand, as far as Floyd is concerned. We knew that after the May/Pac fight he wasn't going to get good numbers, specially with Berto in the ring. Whoever says that they were expecting over 500k buys isn't being honest. Only true Floyd fans payed for that ppv event. The fight had more bad publicity than good and after spending 100 bucks on a fight that didn't live up to most people's expectations, you can't ask for good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Floyds low buys for Berto are more disappointed it was advertised as his last fight, but nobody cared, if you are the cash cow and legit ppv draw you would have had people tune in in droves to witness your last fight after you beat Pacquiao. You would think Floyds farewell fight would do at least a million buys, he just came off the biggest win of his entire boxing career against Pacquiao.

GGG isn't American and never did a ppv in his life, its his first ppv so you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt here. While Floyd has been on PPV for years and is well known and American so you should do more buys in your own country than a foreigner, so his buys are very very bad for a man who is the self proclaimed cash cow who has no losses or never been knocked out and on top of the game.

I said it a year ago nobody knows who GGG is, and the Floyd fans who live online think this message board is real life so when they see someone praising GGG and hyping him online they automatically believe everyone is hyping him, they had GGG ad a freaking hockey game I posted it before and said nobody knew him and the lady couldnt pronounce his name, I called it that his buys would not do well because they do not promote him at all and K2 only brings hi to local boxing events to promote him, you gotta promote to the mainstream not the niche market that already knows him.
                  No you wouldn't and people didn't. There's polls on here that show over 50% expected it to do less than 500k.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/po...s&pollid=46483

Comment

Not everyone is a devastated Pac fanatic. We're not all mad at the world and want the sport to fail because our boy lost.
                    Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 10-28-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      GGG was hyped as such a huge draw and wow 97k is amazingly low
                      It's sad and confusing that he couldn't even make a 10th of his usual HBO audience buy his first ppv fight. Wtf is that about.

Comment

Working...
                      X