Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love all this talk about Martinez being overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I can still see Floyd maning up though, he had everything to lose with Ortiz. The point is fight fans are trying to say Martinez is overrated. Well if he isn't that good, either Floyd or Pacman,(the 2 supposedly best fighters in boxing) should prove it.
    Do you really think Martinez beating Pacquiao at 154 would prove that much as far as who is a better fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Yes both Floyd and Pac fought JMM at a weight-class they both were comfortable in...Neither campaign at 154...They not even top 10 in that weight-class. You can't blame fighters for not wanting to fight at a weight-class they're not comfortable in fighting...How can you?

Now if you both Floyd and Pac decide to fight someone else at 150+. Then your point would be valid...But, until then you have no point.
      My point is this, it is a fact that Floyd & Pacman have indeed been jr middleweight champions. Now in the opinion of a lot of Floyd & Pacman fans, they say he's overrated. So if Martinez really isn't that good, then they should be beating down his door to kick his a$$. Just like pacman did with the cheating feller Margarito & Floyd did with Oscar. I really don't care if he fights them, but to call him overrated when pacman & Floyd want no part of him is transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        They did the same after Gamboa's fight against Salido (before this the Gamboa-Lopez talk was pretty even, after it, it was overwhelmingly in favor of Lopez)... They can't see that far.

Martinez doesn't deserve all the hate, but from my vantage point, the more haters you have, the more successful you can become. Martinez will eventually destroy their current opinions of him.
        Martinez already did that to me. I couldn't say anything positive of him, I thought him supposedly getting robbed in the first Williams fight was a bull**** lie created by his few fans here[and still think that]. Then it became almost a fact that he was robbed in that fight. I thought Williams won that fight closely, but he won it.

I was a big Sergio hater, I had Pavlik beating him. Then he shut me up by destroying Pavlik's face, and winning a UD and becoming Middleweight king. I just brushed it off and kept hating. I once again predicted Martinez will lose, in the Williams rematch. Then, that's it, that did it...Martinez blasted Williams in 2, and now I have nothing but respect for him, he really humbled me. Then he was raped by HBO, he wanted an easy fight but HBO wasn't having it, remember? That they said they were gonna force good fights now? Lol and it started with Martinez-Dzinzuruk who Martinez knocked down 5 times and stopped him. Then you have the WBC stripping this guy. It's crazy, Martinez should have more than this respect.

Comment

My point is this, it is a fact that Floyd & Pacman have indeed been jr middleweight champions. Now in the opinion of a lot of Floyd & Pacman fans, they say he's overrated. So if Martinez really isn't that good, then they should be beating down his door to kick his a$$. Just like pacman did with the cheating feller Margarito & Floyd did with Oscar. I really don't care if he fights them, but to call him overrated when pacman & Floyd want no part of him is transparent.
          Yes they tried that weight-class won a title there...Did they have any defenses of the title? Even against a bum? No? Why? Because, they didn't feel comfortable their and went running back down to a weight-class they feel comfortable in....It's not rocket science. If they fight him at 154, great for them. They would deserve credit for fighting at a weight-class they don't belong in. If they don't fight him, you can't blame neither one for not wanting to fight at a weight-class they're not comfortable in.

Comment

I can still see Floyd maning up though, he had everything to lose with Ortiz. The point is fight fans are trying to say Martinez is overrated. Well if he isn't that good, either Floyd or Pacman,(the 2 supposedly best fighters in boxing) should prove it.
            pacman fighting north of 147 again is very unlikely. floyd might give it a shot, but i predict khan-floyd before martinez.
            it would be fair if martinez fought the winner of cotto/margarito.... i doubt it will happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Yes they tried that weight-class won a title there...Did they have any defenses of the title? Even against a bum? No? Why? Because, they didn't feel comfortable their and went running back down to a weight-class they feel comfortable in....It's not rocket science. If they fight him at 154, great for them. They would deserve credit for fighting at a weight-class they don't belong in. If they don't fight him, you can't blame neither one for not wanting to fight at a weight-class they're not comfortable in.
              I do not agree, especially in the case of Pacman. He fought Margarito there, for a vacant title at a catchweight. Margarito was a cheater who couldn't get a liscense in Vegas or Cali. But Pacman got to recreate history with probably the most bogus championship fight in history & he got credit for it. But people discredit Martinez? Really?

Floyd did his thing, outweighted with no stipulations, he can fight Martinez there, there's no reason why he couldn't. His fans actually applaude him suckerpunching Ortiz, but yet some criticize Martinez. Really? Nahhh **** that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                pacman fighting north of 147 again is very unlikely. floyd might give it a shot, but i predict khan-floyd before martinez.
                it would be fair if martinez fought the winner of cotto/margarito.... i doubt it will happen though.
                Yeah, as usual, throw Cotto under the bus right? Who's greater, Floyd & Pacman, or Cotto? Who went up to 154 & beat a young, prime champ, the defended there? But people are giving the greater fighters coward passes? Why?

Comment

If he beats manny and Floyd then WTF is the point in seeing that fight?

Oh I know why, money. **** ain't about glory or to see who is the best. It's about money. If he wanted the name recognition and the glory he would be trying to fight froch, bute or ward. Dude wants to get paid. And I don't have no problem with that. But don't make it seem as if Floyd or manny need to fight him to enhance their legacy.

If we all can **** on Floyd and pacq why sergio can't be criticized the same.

Comment

I do not agree, especially in the case of Pacman. He fought Margarito there, for a vacant title at a catchweight. Margarito was a cheater who couldn't get a liscense in Vegas or Cali. But Pacman got to recreate history with probably the most bogus championship fight in history & he got credit for it. But people discredit Martinez? Really?

Floyd did his thing, outweighted with no stipulations, he can fight Martinez there, there's no reason why he couldn't. His fans actually applaude him suckerpunching Ortiz, but yet some criticize Martinez. Really? Nahhh **** that.
                    WTF is your argument here?

Yes Pac fought a BS fight against a cheater in Marg to cheat history, yes Floyd has won a title at 154. But, did both stay at that weight-class? Or did they go running back down to a more comfortable weight-class for them? And, if it's the latter how can you blame them for not wanting to fight a weight-class that they don't belong in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                      If he beats manny and Floyd then WTF is the point in seeing that fight?

Oh I know why, money. **** ain't about glory or to see who is the best. It's about money. If he wanted the name recognition and the glory he would be trying to fight froch, bute or ward. Dude wants to get paid. And I don't have no problem with that. But don't make it seem as if Floyd or manny need to fight him to enhance their legacy.

If we all can **** on Floyd and pacq why sergio can't be criticized the same.
                      What do you mean, Pacman's last 3 fights were for nothing but money. We all know that's the only thing Floyd cares about. Sergio gets criticized no matter what or who he beats though. Pacman especially gets defended. You sound like your trying to say that they get criticized a lot, they don't. Pacman especially.

Comment

Working...
                      X