No announcement yet.

Johnny Nelson the commentator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Nelson the commentator

I watched Sky boxing on Fri night, great action from the States, but what spoilt it for me was Nelsons commentating, what the hell is he talking about, he may know his boxing but he is the worst commentator I have ever heard, even Jim Watt is better, as is Duke McKenzie.
    It is one Cringing moment after another, comments like he is trying to make it more exciting that it is, and it is exciting, the young fighter doesn’t have man power yet., what’s all that about, I know he isn’t a professional but they must be able to come up with somebody else, his scoring is way off, and his jibes towards Carl Thompson are pathetic Thompson is one of the real nice Guys of British Boxing I have a lot of time for him, and What happened to Spenser Oliver, I thought he was an excellent commentator, a great world champ that never was sadly.
    They have Nicky Piper and Glen McCory in the studio who are much better than him, he spoils the fight.
    Barry McGuigan should be begged to return from ITV as he seems to be the only one who can speak common sense.
    Can anyone else come up with great commentator quotes, that make you cringe.
    Last edited by col Blake; 12-25-2006, 04:37 PM.

mcguigan an jim watt work really well together

what about that dip**** whio presented pbf-baldy he didnt know ****

get a boxing expert in to host live shows

Comment

Originally posted by col Blake View Post
      I watched Sky boxing on Fri night, great action from the States, but what spoilt it for me was Nelsons commentating, what the hell is he talking about, he may know his boxing but he is the worst commentator I have ever heard, even Jim Watt is better, as is Duke McKenzie.
      It is one Cringing moment after another, comments like he is trying to make it more exciting that it is, and it is exciting, the young fighter doesn’t have man power yet., what’s all that about, I know he isn’t a professional but they must be able to come up with somebody else, his scoring is way off, and his jibes towards Carl Thompson are pathetic Thompson is one of the real nice Guys of British Boxing I have a lot of time for him, and What happened to Spenser Oliver, I thought he was an excellent commentator, a great world champ that never was sadly.
      They have Nicky Piper and Glen McCory in the studio who are much better than him, he spoils the fight.
      Barry McGuigan should be begged to return from ITV as he seems to be the only one who can speak common sense.
      Can anyone else come up with great commentator quotes, that make you cringe.
      I'm happy with Johnny Nelson. McGuigan is fine, Jim Watt annoys the ****ing hell out of me, Nicky Piper is fine. I always prefer the US broadcasts to UK commentators talking about US shows. I'd murder for a US copy of Castillo-Corrales I, Jim Watt spoilt most of that scrap for me, simply because he talked a lot of ****, and...er, he annoys the hell out of me.

If anyone has a US copy of the Castillo - Corrales fight, I'll have it...

Ian

Comment

Working...
      X