Pop wins coach of the year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
    fwiw the last time pop won coy spurs won the chip
    Another shortened season championship for the spurs?

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
      Another shortened season championship for the spurs?
      What's wrong with that? You said it like they're the only ones is an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        For the majority of my Basketball life the Spurs were bland and boring as ****. Boring to watch and their superstar (who apparently in private is pretty funny) was as bland as they get in the public eye. Plus they beat the Knicks in 99 and were the main rivals of my other favorite team, the Lakers.
        oh ok then keep hating

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
        San Antonio is going to do it again. 5 time!!! Then I'm going to the parade and get wasted.
        Believe

Comment

Deserves it for DNP-old alone...

Comment

Pop deserved my vote, he is a great coach!

Comment

No problem with Pop getting it. Thought Chicago's coach could have been a worthy nod, but it was toss up between the two.

Comment

Pop had a great year and he deserves it.

Thibs was a tad more deserving imo though. He was able to keep get the best record in the league without his best player most of the time and numerous other injuries to key players.

Comment

the Bulls have the best record in the NBA with Deng Noah Rip Rose Watson Kyle all missing time because of injuries but pop been the best Coach in the NBA for a while now and Spurs are probably the best team in the league right now

Comment

He deserved it. Manu was the reason they won 61 games last year, and Pop did a great job of revamping the roster, resting his players, and winning games without Manu.

Pop made them the number 1 offense in the NBA, turned d league player Danny Green into an NBA starter, just put everyone in positions to contribute. He's also the reason Tony Parker is playing like an MVP, he talked to Parker and showed him film of how he aggressive (both playing and talking to his guy) TP was with his national team in the summer. From then on out Parker became the 2nd captain on the team and a great team leader, he also stepped his play up.

He's not just a regular coach either, he has the final say in who they trade or sign and they've changed their roster a lot since last year addressing nearly all of their weaknesses. Added Jackson, Green, Leonard, Diaw, got rid of Hill for Leonard, and got rid of RJ who sucks balls.

Comment

Working...
                    X