Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humberto Soto wants Maidana in Dec. but Maidana doesnt want to fight Soto (by Dan Amb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humberto Soto wants Maidana in Dec. but Maidana doesnt want to fight Soto (by Dan Amb

Humberto Soto wants Maidana in December, but will probably have to wait his turn
    October 4th, 2011
    By Dan Ambrose:

Former WBC lightweight champion Humberto Soto (56-7-2, 33 KO’s) is hoping to get a title shot against WBA light welterweight champion Marcos Maidana (31-2, 28 KO’s) in December.

However, Maidana isn’t committed to making that fight with Soto in December. Maidana wants a big money fight or at least one that pays good.

Soto isn’t the big name that Maidana is looking for. Maidana wants a rematch with Erik Morales, who Maidana defeated last April by a 12 round decision.

However, Morales is now the WBC welterweight champion and is looking for a soft touch in his first defense of his title in December. Maidana isn’t in Morales’ plans for December.

This leaves Soto or whoever else can be dug up for Maidana to fight if he doesn’t want to fight the 31-year-old Soto.

Soto, wanting to get bigger paydays, vacated his World Boxing Council lightweight belt recently and moved up to the light welterweight division. In his first fight, Soto took on Jose Alfaro, another lightweight, and beat him by a 2nd round TKO.

Why Soto chose to fight a lightweight instead of a light welterweight is a good question. It seemed like a backwards self defeating move for Soto to waste the fight with Alfaro.

If the objective is to get ready for good light welterweights, why did Soto waste a fight against a pumped up lightweight? Whatever the case, the WBA has responded well to Soto moving up in rankings and even though he fought a lightweight in his first fight at the new weight, Soto is now the number #1 contender.

Soto isn’t Maidana’s mandatory challenger. Paul McCloskey holds that distinction with his controversial 12 round decision win over Breidis Prescott. McCloskey will likely be Maidana’s next opponent unless a bigger name can be found.

http://arreolatickets.com/2011/10/hu...wait-his-turn/

http://www.************.com/2011/10/...wait-his-turn/
    (www.boxinggnews24.com)

Last edited by MexicanPoster; 10-04-2011, 09:05 PM.

Maidana is scared to fight Soto.

Maidana had been asked to fight on HBO in November, but Maidan turned it down.

So Maidana is asked to fight Soto in Decemeber, and again Maidana turns it down.

Golden Boy and HBO was gonna pay good money to Maidana to fight Soto on Nov. in an HBO main event headliner, but Maidana would rather fight McClosky for less money in a less televised fight.

Last edited by MexicanPoster; 10-04-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I think this is just a misunderstanding. Apparently, Maidana had no knowledge of Sotos intentions to fight him. I'm sure Maidana is not a biotch and would fight Soto.

It would be a great physical combat, I'm sure it will happen.. hopefully.

Comment

99.99% of people don't have any idea who Soto even is. Its like when Pac got asked about fighting Rios, he was like who the **** is rios?

Maidana is trying to unify titles against Morales in what is still the FOTY so far. Not fight some bum that no body has ever heard of

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          99.99% of people don't have any idea who Soto even is. Its like when Pac got asked about fighting Rios, he was like who the **** is rios?

Maidana is trying to unify titles against Morales in what is still the FOTY so far. Not fight some bum that no body has ever heard of
          Maidana wants to fight bum that no one knows, named Paul McClosky for less money, and less exposure, rather than fight 3-Time/Divisional World Champion-Humberto Soto for more money and more exposure on HBO main event.

Maidana is scared. Plain and simple.

Comment

Soto seems now to never want to fight anyone credible so its hard to believe, he is active though.....against cans mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Soto seems now to never want to fight anyone credible so its hard to believe, he is active though.....against cans mostly.
              Soto tried to fight Pac, Marquez, Barrera, Morales, Guerrero for years and they all ducked him.

Its not Soto's fault that he's ducked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                I think this is just a misunderstanding. Apparently, Maidana had no knowledge of Sotos intentions to fight him. I'm sure Maidana is not a biotch and would fight Soto.

It would be a great physical combat, I'm sure it will happen.. hopefully.
                There is no misunderstanding.
                Maidana knew well in advance.

Its just that Maidana is scared, just like Pac, JMM, EM, MAB, Linares, Guerrero are all scared to fight Soto.

Comment

Humberto Soto is a garbage fraud and a nobody. There I said it.. what now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    Humberto Soto is a garbage fraud and a nobody. There I said it.. what now?

Soto is a 3-Time/Divisional World Champion and has challenged Pac, Marquez, Maidana, EM, MAB, Linares, Guerrero and they all ducked him.

There is nothing fraud about that.

for you to say that is proof that you dont know boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X