Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you suffer from OCD or ADHD, or both?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like organisation and to be thorough then that isn't OCD.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      If you like organisation and to be thorough then that isn't OCD.
      When using stairs I clap my hands three times before and shout the steps out as I go by and clap three times again at the end.

Pretty sure I don't have OCD though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        When using stairs I clap my hands three times before and shout the steps out as I go by and clap three times again at the end.

Pretty sure I don't have OCD though.
        I see things like that as little rituals and OCD being detrimental to your life. People who have to wash their hands until they are red raw, can't go to bed until they turn the light on and off 3000 times, shit like that

I sometimes find myself intentionally missing the cracks in the pavement because i was told that it was bad luck when i was a kid

Comment

I have severe OCD and I'm pretty sure my dependency on drugs and alcohol make is worse.

Comment

I have OCD. I'm always dwelling and dissecting my relationships with friends, coworkers, and family members. For example, I sometimes dwell at length on whether an offhand comment from a teacher was intended be malicious toward me, or whether a small misunderstanding ruined my chance at a romantic relationship with a girl I saw while riding my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Definitely the case with me too.

I also have concentration problems, always have done in school as well.

If you look at my screen now, I have like 20 tabs open. Good thing is I can do multiple things at once but I find it hard to solely concentrate on one thing for a long time.
              I read a peer reviewed study once about multi tasking and the human brain. Apparently our brains are not cut out for multi tasking, and in the study, those who claimed to be great multi taskers had the worst memory of the tasks because of the way they try to intake information, while those in the other group who took their time with each task, had better memory. I forgot the exact specifics of the experiment, but I know the result was that the multi taskers didn't do so well and the prediction of the experimenters was proven correct, that the human brain is actually not good at multi tasking. Those who claim they are, are less effective in memorization of different tasks

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I read a peer reviewed study once about multi tasking and the human brain. Apparently our brains are not cut out for multi tasking, and in the study, those who claimed to be great multi taskers had the worst memory of the tasks because of the way they try to intake information, while those in the other group who took their time with each task, had better memory. I forgot the exact specifics of the experiment, but I know the result was that the multi taskers didn't do so well and the prediction of the experimenters was proven correct, that the human brain is actually not good at multi tasking. Those who claim they are, are less effective in memorization of different tasks
                Sounds pretty logical to be honest. Though, I feel as though I can do more things at once more than almost anyone I know. I could be writing an essay, listening to a podcast, and surfing the web all at the same time and be pretty effective (i'd say about 80% effective for that essay) but if I solely focused on that essay, i'd be 100% effective but I feel as though I wouldn't be able to keep that level up for long because my mind would probably start to wonder due to boredom or a lack of concentration in general. You let me do other things whilst doing that essay, I can do it for 100 times as long and still be decently effective.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  I knew this guy who was severely autistic as well, like many of them who have it that severe socially awkward as **** and all that, but his thing is solar eclipses. He can tell you anything and everything about them including memorizing any date and time for all solar eclipses, so if you ask him when will there be solar eclipse in the year 2045 he'll tell you precisely the day and time, and this includes all types of eclipses (solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, total and partial eclipses). If you don'tstop him, he'll talk for hours lol. He also has literally thousands of eclipse videos that take up an entire room in his house, all properly labeled and organized by date, time (down to the section) and location. Pretty much his entire life revolves around them and he's constantly traveling to video tape from the best possible viewing location.

I imagine this is how SugarKaine's house looks like - thousands of videos from Abel Sanchez, Tom Loeffler and Golovkin with detailed notes on each video

Comment

I work with numbers so I'm OCD at work, but not ADHD, as I'm not hyper, I'm ADD.

I took Adderall for one year in 2008 but I don't really feel it helped.

Last year I took Methylphenidate and damn, I loved that pill. It took about an hour to take effect and it transformed me. I felt like the guy from the movie limitless. I felt like it woke me up and energized me. I wanted to build things, organize things, clean, it was crazy. I would create these complicated excel spreadsheets for work while on it, I loved it. That feeling only lasted for an hour or two and that was it, that was the downside of it. I then started reading about all the side effects and one of them being sudden death, and I stopped taking it, eff that.

Comment

Working...
                    X