No announcement yet.

"Welcome The Machida Era"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Welcome The Machida Era"

Yeah the "Jon Jones Era" sounds the same....

But Im happy he won this fight thoguh but hate the fact I saw one of my all tiem favorites look so helpless...

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
    Yeah the "Jon Jones Era" sounds the same....

But Im happy he won this fight thoguh but hate the fact I saw one of my all tiem favorites look so helpless...
    Talentwise and performance wise Jones is in a different league to when Machida was doing well.

Comment

Im just saying...

Machida(Whos a great fighter, but people said no one coudl ever hit him and he willl dominate for a long time..) was hyped.....

Brock Lesnar (LOL at Dana saying "Hes gonna be the best ever", hes the Black Bob Sapp)

Leites(The Next GSP, LOL!)

Jones is for real but I hate uit when the UFC gives these predetemined predictions like that...

Comment

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
        Im just saying...

Machida(Whos a great fighter, but people said no one coudl ever hit him and he willl dominate for a long time..) was hyped.....

Brock Lesnar (LOL at Dana saying "Hes gonna be the best ever", hes the Black Bob Sapp)

Leites(The Next GSP, LOL!)

Jones is for real but I hate uit when the UFC gives these predetemined predictions like that...

man shut up........

Comment

The TS makes a good point.

Machida looked untouchable and a lot of people predicted he would go to heavyweight and do well.

Not to say that Jones will end up losing soon like Machida did, but it does go to show that just because someone looks unbeatable now, doesn't means things will stay that way.

Jones just laid a beating on the second best guy in the division and fully deserves his props, but let's not start considering the future a foregone conclusion just yet.

Comment

I'm just wondering if Machida is sort of damaged goods now that he's lost his first fight, and rather spectacularly at that.

Comment

i sort of agree with the TS, while jones has fought and beaten good names even before shogun (vera, hamill, bader, bonnar), i want to see jones beat the likes of rashad, rampage, forrest, machida before we can truly say "welcome to the jones era".

in my opinion, i think we are indeed in the jones era. along with his physical talents, this dude has his feet planted to the ground, very creative, very eager to learn more.

i haven't been this excited about a specific MMA fighter since i first saw GSP.

Comment

Anybody with a brain knew Machida wasn't unstoppable. He doesn't cover his face. Terrible defense, he just gots great footwork. It was only a matter of time before he got chin checked.

Can't really say any flaw with Bones except he's too damn big and it's not fair! A little disappointed though that Shogun didn't attack his legs.

Comment

Machida and Lesnar had many flaws in there games.

Jones and Velasquez have little to none.

There's a difference between a hype job, and an incredible fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    Anybody with a brain knew Machida wasn't unstoppable. He doesn't cover his face. Terrible defense, he just gots great footwork. It was only a matter of time before he got chin checked.

A little disappointed though that Shogun didn't attack his legs.
                    Stole the words right from my mouth. With big long targets like those legs i was expecting Shogun to put on a leg kick clinic. Maybe he was worried about Jones long straight right hand that would come as a counter, who knows?
                    Anything would of been better than what he showed up with.

I really do hope Jones is the real deal we havent seen stability in that division since Chuck.

In my opinion Jones will have problems with someone who used good cage work. Strong Greco, press the tall man up against the cage and put your head beneath his chin. I see this formula used all the time with the smaller guys at the gym.

Hated to see Shogun lose in that fashion but congrats to Jon Jones.

Comment

Working...
                    X