No announcement yet.

Fights that HURT the Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights that HURT the Sport

A high profile fight gives boxing the opportunity to impress the causals and potentially convert them into hardcore fans. However, many fights have not only failed to live up to the hype, but turned casuals right off.

Mayweather-Pacquiao and Trinidad-De La Hoya come to mind as both were snoozers that came with a ton of hype and build up but of course, failed to be exciting.

Any thoughts on big fights that bombed on excitement?

I told everyone before Mayweather vs Pacquiao that the fight wouldn't be a war, so my friends and i where there ordering nice food enjoying a good fight.
    Fights like Collins vs Resto, McClellan vs Benn or any fight with a tragedy or cheating definitely hurts the sport.

Comment

GGG vs Brook

Comment

Gamache vs Gatti, Benn vs Gerald, Chavez vs Pernell and people hate it but every Golovkin fight kills HBO,

Comment

lil g's "Big Bum Shows" are not only hurting the sport, they are also Bankrupting HBO Boxing. Because of that HBO can't pay for the fights we fans want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
            lil g's "Big Bum Shows" are not only hurting the sport, they are also Bankrupting HBO Boxing. Because of that HBO can't pay for the fights we fans want to see.
            When Golovkin came to HBO their fights got over a million viewers, now HBO will do 500k to 750k. He's driven away fans.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              I told everyone before Mayweather vs Pacquiao that the fight wouldn't be a war, so my friends and i where there ordering nice food enjoying a good fight.
              Fights like Collins vs Resto, McClellan vs Benn or any fight with a tragedy or cheating definitely hurts the sport.
              Those two tragedies were horrible and could have definitely been prevented. Of course, the Ruelas-Garcia and Mancini-Kim fights were blows, too.

Comment

Pacquiao just got his simple @ss outboxed. That didn't hurt the sport.

Comment

I just rewatched the Oscar vs Tito fight a few weeks ago. I don't remember it being that boring (but I was a kid when I first saw it). I damn near didn't make it through the fight

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    I just rewatched the Oscar vs Tito fight a few weeks ago. I don't remember it being that boring (but I was a kid when I first saw it). I damn near didn't make it through the fight
                    It was funny how Oscar pretends he was an action guy, 147 over he wasn't, only vs little guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X