Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has There Ever Been This Much Ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has there ever been this much ducking? have you heard of floyd mayweather jr?

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
      Just watch the Cruiserweights. It makes things so much easier.
      Oh yeah?

No ducking there?

TBH, I don't pay enough attention to that division.

Comment

No! Because stardom was earned and not given to guys based on Ethnicity and Nationality like this BS ERA of all HYPE and ZERO SUBSTANCE! It use to be that if you did not win a GOLD MEDAL in the Olympics, becoming a Superstar and PPV Draw was considered almost impossible

What fighter today actually earned his hype or his spot on these P4P List IN THE RING in this Post Mayweather and Pacquiao ERA? Not many!
        Last edited by sicko; 05-19-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          Oh yeah?

No ducking there?

TBH, I don't pay enough attention to that division.
          A bit. Nowhere near as much as other divisions though. You're also guaranteed a barnburner more often than not. Very, very underrated division.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
            A bit. Nowhere near as much as other divisions though. You're also guaranteed a barnburner more often than not. Very, very underrated division.
            I thought the Glowacki-Huck and Glowacki-Cunningham fights were great.

Comment

Ducking is something that can be often misunderstood. Often times, the business of boxing gets in the way and other factors and well, it's like life. Sometimes we don't get the best fights because, SHYTE happens.

However, this seems to be mounting up for whatever reason.

Canelo hands over the title. And let's be honest. Before Bowe did so to Lewis, when else has this ever taken place in the sport's history? Especially the heavyweight champion always took on challengers, even if he was going to get obliterated and in both of these fights- Bowe-Lewis and Canelo-Golovkin- both men had good chances to win. It wasn't even that one-sided. Yet, James J. Braddock had the stones to go against Joe Louis who must have been a heavy favorite. In turn, Louis stepped in with Marciano.

The Wilder-Povetkin fight dies. Now this is over a really strange issue with the use of the now banned substance that wasn't banned when Povetkin took it. I could actually chalk this one up to SHYTE happens. Povetkin took it when it was legal and Wilder shouldn't fight him with that illegal substance in him. So what can you do?

And it looks like we are getting Thurman-Porter, after a delay of course, much like we got Klitschko-Fury, after a delay as well. In both instances, the champions did not appear to be jumping up and down about facing their challengers the fights got put off. Injuries and car wrecks do happen, but I don't know. The could have been buying time but at least they will meet, so far.

Most fans want Roman Gonzalez to face Estrada in the rematch, but that doesn't seem likely. Fans want Golovkin to step up, but how can he since everyone seems afraid of him? Even Kovalev doesn't seem interested in unifying against Stevenson.

Seems like it's getting to be in vogue to be a chicken and try to find safer fights.
              Were you not here during the Top Rank/GBP cold war, where every fight not made was a case of ducking according to fans here?

Comment

I thought the Glowacki-Huck and Glowacki-Cunningham fights were great.
                That's only the tip of the iceberg. Check out Chakhiev Afolabi for a really crazy shootout.

Comment

I'm not sure it can all be attributed to "ducking" buts it's a shame boxing can deliver fights in a timely fashion..
                  Over the past few years, we have missed out on:
                  Kovolev-stevenson
                  Ggg-Canelo
                  Ggg-Ward
                  Ward-stevenson
                  Ward-kovolev
                  Walters-lomachenko
                  Roman-Estrada 2

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    I'm not sure it can all be attributed to "ducking" buts it's a shame boxing can deliver fights in a timely fashion..
                    Over the past few years, we have missed out on:
                    Kovolev-stevenson
                    Ggg-Canelo
                    Ggg-Ward
                    Ward-stevenson
                    Ward-kovolev
                    Walters-lomachenko
                    Roman-Estrada 2
                    It's truly getting to be ridiculous.

Comment

Ducking is something that can be often misunderstood. Often times, the business of boxing gets in the way and other factors and well, it's like life. Sometimes we don't get the best fights because, SHYTE happens.

However, this seems to be mounting up for whatever reason.

Canelo hands over the title. And let's be honest. Before Bowe did so to Lewis, when else has this ever taken place in the sport's history? Especially the heavyweight champion always took on challengers, even if he was going to get obliterated and in both of these fights- Bowe-Lewis and Canelo-Golovkin- both men had good chances to win. It wasn't even that one-sided. Yet, James J. Braddock had the stones to go against Joe Louis who must have been a heavy favorite. In turn, Louis stepped in with Marciano.

The Wilder-Povetkin fight dies. Now this is over a really strange issue with the use of the now banned substance that wasn't banned when Povetkin took it. I could actually chalk this one up to SHYTE happens. Povetkin took it when it was legal and Wilder shouldn't fight him with that illegal substance in him. So what can you do?

And it looks like we are getting Thurman-Porter, after a delay of course, much like we got Klitschko-Fury, after a delay as well. In both instances, the champions did not appear to be jumping up and down about facing their challengers the fights got put off. Injuries and car wrecks do happen, but I don't know. The could have been buying time but at least they will meet, so far.

Most fans want Roman Gonzalez to face Estrada in the rematch, but that doesn't seem likely. Fans want Golovkin to step up, but how can he since everyone seems afraid of him? Even Kovalev doesn't seem interested in unifying against Stevenson.

Seems like it's getting to be in vogue to be a chicken and try to find safer fights.
                      It ain't a duck AnthonyD. GGG and Canelo fight in different weight classes.

Comment

Working...
                      X