No announcement yet.

Ohio Grand Jury Clears Police In John Crawford Death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I'm not sure what's going on here. What the heck was the kid doing wandering around the store with the bb gun? Who called the police?

How likely is it that a skinny black kid is carrying a real machine gun in Walmart? Gunning the kid down was excessive.
    Unless it was a real machine gun in which case it wasn't. Tragic as this was walking around with a replica firearm is odd behaviour for a grown man.

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
    Idk when I saw el blancos response it just reminded me of a news program I was watching. It showed a group of 5-6 white guys walking into ihop and autozone with semi-auto rifles claiming the 2nd amendment... I forgot which state it was but it was also open carry... Ihop has since changed its policies but I can only imagine what would happen if that was 5-6 black guys walking into a store... But it's like its okay for a group of white guys to walk around with guns cuz they're perceived as safe, but a black kid with a toy gun... Nah we have to kill him...
    Yeah, black people getting away with open carrying? Ridiculous.

Comment

The gun was a product being sold at that Walmart. All he did was pick up a product that was on sale and walked around with it. Nothing different than what any other customer does or has done before at a WalMart. You pick up bananas, you walk around with them as you shop.

It's easy to say that if he was indeed, shopping, he could have just waited to grab that product at the end to avoid any type of unnecessary confusion, but why would he have to? It's a product sold at this business. I've never purchased a gun, but I've gone with a friend as he bought a 22 caliber rifle and some ammo. He wanted to buy water so we walked around with it to the water isle. There was no problem.

On top of that, it's an open carry state. Does that law only apply to certain people?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        The gun was a product being sold at that Walmart. All he did was pick up a product that was on sale and walked around with it. Nothing different than what any other customer does or has done before at a WalMart. You pick up bananas, you walk around with them as you shop.

It's easy to say that if he was indeed, shopping, he could have just waited to grab that product at the end to avoid any type of unnecessary confusion, but why would he have to? It's a product sold at this business. I've never purchased a gun, but I've gone with a friend as he bought a 22 caliber rifle and some ammo. He wanted to buy water so we walked around with it to the water isle. There was no problem.

On top of that, it's an open carry state. Does that law only apply to certain people?

Your a smart guy....so I'm sure you can figure this one out

Comment

The gun was a product being sold at that Walmart. All he did was pick up a product that was on sale and walked around with it.
          After taking it out of the box. Try doing that with cornflakes.

It's easy to say that if he was indeed, shopping, he could have just waited to grab that product at the end to avoid any type of unnecessary confusion, but why would he have to?
          Because somebody might make a 911 call saying there's a guy walking round Walmart pointing a gun at people?

It's a product sold at this business. I've never purchased a gun, but I've gone with a friend as he bought a 22 caliber rifle and some ammo. He wanted to buy water so we walked around with it to the water isle. There was no problem.
          The fact that you can pick up a gun and walk around the store with it is a problem.

If you point the gun at someone then it becomes a problem.

Comment

Also, the person who called 911 claiming Crawford was pointing the rifle at people and possibly "loading it" admitted that he didn't actually see that. He changed his story after he was shown video of Crawford walking around Walmart with it as other customers paid no attention to him.

Comment

Meh, pretty messed up.

I remember a thread a while back where a 13 old boy was killed by police holding a toy gun that was very similar to the real deal.

Happened out here in Cali, if I remember right.

Anyway, the instances like these are of course going to get a lot more coverage and reaction then when a cop did his job right, and maybe a life was saved.

Welcome to the electronic age, and the 24 hour media cycle.

The world can be a dangerous place.

Comment

Also, the person who called 911 claiming Crawford was pointing the rifle at people and possibly "loading it" admitted that he didn't actually see that. He changed his story after he was shown video of Crawford walking around Walmart with it as other customers paid no attention to him.
                And the responding officers should have known that. Obviously police are not being adequately screened for psychic ability.

Comment

Land of Free strikes again, big surprise...

Comment

Working...
                  X