No announcement yet.

Warriors thread: Winning despite horrible injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors thread: Winning despite horrible injuries

Did you see Enzo Maccarinelli battle Jürgen Brähmer this saturday?

Macca got a horrible eye injury as early as the first round, and ultimately his corner stopped the fight 5 rounds later.

Let's name some fighters who overcame horrific and graphic injuries to prevail in big fights.

In december 2001, Dariusz Michalczewski beat Richard Hall despite a closed left eye and several cuts.

Who forgets the epic fight between Diego Corrales and JL Castillo?

Here's the Winner:

And of course there's Arthur Abraham decisioning Edison Miranda despite a badly broken jaw and a loss of 2 pints of blood:

There's plenty of examples. Post some and add some pics if you can.

I'm not smart enough to post pics, but it will give a shout out to srl for the hearns fight when his eye socket was basically destroyed

Comment

There have been several that had to win fight one handed. The one that comes to mind was Tyrell Biggs over Jeff Sims. Sims landed a right hand early on that broke Biggs' collar bone. Biggs fought the remainder of the fight with only the left hand while dealing of the pain of a broken bone. Though Biggs was not thought of as a warrior, on that night he was.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        There have been several that had to win fight one handed. The one that comes to mind was Tyrell Biggs over Jeff Sims. Sims landed a right hand early on that broke Biggs' collar bone. Biggs fought the remainder of the fight with only the left hand while dealing of the pain of a broken bone. Though Biggs was not thought of as a warrior, on that night he was.
        Floyd vs famoso Floyd was one handed from about the 6th or 7th round, and still was winning rounds..

The gatti-ward fights had some injured winners

Tyson beat eittenie with a broken back

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Good call.

In the same ballpark and perhaps doing one better is Danny Williams who despite a dislocated right shoulder and only being able to use the left, went on to KO Mark Potter for the British title.

!! Anorak loves me now.

Comment

Marciano damned near getting stopped with his nose hanging off is brutal and forever etched in my memory.

Comment

robinson ko'd turpin in the 2nd fight after receiving a bad cut

Comment

Sean O'Grady against Fukiyama is the bloodiest I've seen any boxer

Tommy Morrison beat Joe Hipp with a broken jaw and hand

Comment

this thread asking Who are the Greatest Fighters in History in Performing under Adversity??? will have some answers:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=632458

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
                    Sean O'Grady against Fukiyama is the bloodiest I've seen any boxer

Tommy Morrison beat Joe Hipp with a broken jaw and hand
                    Good choices. O'Grady looked like he was in a knife fight. I remember that fight being live on a Sunday afternoon on NBC.

Comment

Working...
                    X