Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter: "The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My anonymous source says that your anonymous source is a lying hack.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Also lets not forget about the Dirty 30 in NY, a group of cops from the same precinct found guilty of over 80+ cases of perjury which ended up incarcerating much of the youth. Perjury also including dealing with criminals for money, drugs, and guns. (Circa 1994)
      There was also the Kids for Cash scandal in Pennsylvania.

Two corrupt judges were found guilty of accepting bribes from a prison builder. In exchange for the cash the judges made sure to send juveniles to his facilities and many times imposed harsher sentences than normal just so that people had to be sent there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Murder rates in Chicago have jumped in spite of their native Chief Keef gaining fame.

Not saying that says it all, but just a funny sidenote I thought I'd mention lol.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...-violent-music

Again, he is under Interscope Records.

You don't have to take my word seriously, but I am the youth of today who sees it and I call it how it is.

Also lets not forget about the Dirty 30 in NY, a group of cops from the same precinct found guilty of over 80+ cases of perjury which ended up incarcerating much of the youth. Perjury also including dealing with criminals for money, drugs, and guns. (Circa 1994)

Corruption is very well alive in Hip Hop whether or not you realize it.
        Thats a little different from record executives being told at gun point to push gangster rap.
        I dont believe the explosion of gangster rap music in the 90's led to huge numbers of people turning to crime and being imprisoned.
        It was art reflecting life, not the other way around.

Comment

The whole story is a bit like claiming that you were a record exec in the 80s and were forced to promote rock music by satanists. It's that believable.

Comment

What is believable is that the private prison industry will do anything to make a profit, as proven by how they will bribe judges.

If they felt that glorifying crime through music would help them keep their facilities filled up then they would do it.

Comment

yeah.. too bad rap music sucks these days..

Comment

How about we just reverse time and have America to of never glorified crime. We still got kids today still looking to be like Bonnie & Clyde with their significant other.

Comment

Nice attempt at trolling. Saturating their neighborhoods with crack cocaine, assault weapons and liqueur stores on every corner, however, achieved this end three decades ago, so the premise is dumb.

Comment

Working...
                  X