No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    how many prime great fighters has Calzaghe beaten? name 1... just one, and you win this argument.
    Hopkins was in his prime.

And so was Lacy. You guys said he was great before.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
      Sorry but this isn't anything new, you have to accept that.

Calzaghe's beaten more Americans than any other nation. Rather then that bringing him the accolades many say it will on the 'next time' it's often brought on some new haters and criticisers that go back on his resume and exaggerate things more.

I do think since Hopkins beating Pavlik, and Calzaghe looking good at least against RJJ, that most do now accept he's the best LHW. But still, too many believe Dawson is given the rankings and whom they've beaten. You can't blame Calzaghe for just not wanting to bother again with a fight that'll apparently lose him a load of haters, yet another time.
      How come people act like Joe has been taking on young top level fighters for his whole career? That's what he is criticized for. Does he not have room to fight another proven champion to add onto his legacy and give the fans a fight they really want to see? Lacy and Kessler were the only ones, and neither was as accomplished as Dawson.

Comment

how many prime great fighters has Calzaghe beaten? name 1... just one, and you win this argument.
        The oh so special, great + prime. Probably none.

Did I argue otherwise? Did I proclaim what Calzaghe is or isn't because of anything particular thing along those lines?

No.

So such a comment does not warrant such a response. Get off my back.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
          Tarver has not been out of the ring top 5 in almost a decade since he came on the scene. Not only that but he was also a champion who had just beat another top 5 fighter in Woods. Tarver was ranked at 3 when Dawson beat him. Jones was not top 10 at all, and in his comeback the fighters that he beat was not even full light heavyweights and he didn't really look ''great'' in neither of them.
          Wasnt Jones ranked 5th or 6th in the Ring Rankings when Calzaghe fought him? He was certainly not outside the top 10, I dont even think he is now. Stop talking ****e.

Tarver got schooled by Hopkins, then looked horrbile against Muriqi. He beat Woods but pretty much anyone in the top 10 - including Jones - could beat Clinton especially that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Hopkins was in his prime.

And so was Lacy. You guys said he was great before.
            so Lacy is great and Hopkins was in his prime.... gotchya

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Wasnt Jones ranked 5th or 6th in the Ring Rankings when Calzaghe fought him? He was certainly not outside the top 10, I dont even think he is now. Stop talking ****e.

Tarver got schooled by Hopkins, then looked horrbile against Muriqi. He beat Woods but pretty much anyone in the top 10 - including Jones - could beat Clinton especially that night.
              So now we're arguing Jones over Tarver as an opponent even though Tarver is Jones' daddy.

The levels we stoop to.

Comment

so Lacy is great and Hopkins was in his prime.... gotchya
                Besides Kessler's better than Dawson. He just hasn't had a chance to prove it yet because everyone ducks him but Mads Larson.

Comment

So now we're arguing Jones over Tarver as an opponent even though Tarver is Jones' daddy.

The levels we stoop to.
                  To be fair IMDAZED, you literally just argued your point using rankings with me in another thread.

Now RJJ being LHW #5 when facing Calzaghe, and now LHW #6 still is factually noted, you suddenly don't merit it quite so much.

Double standard, would be a fair shout there.

Comment

Besides Kessler's better than Dawson. He just hasn't had a chance to prove it yet because everyone ducks him but Mads Larson.
                    Kessler's last 2 opponents were Hausler and Sartison. You are trying to tell me that no one better than those chumps is willing to step in the ring with Kessler? get outta here. And don't use the excuse "no one is willing to go to Denmark to face him" cuz you know thats a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

I just looked at my old ring magazine from last year leading up to Jones/Calzaghe and actually, they did have Jones ranked AT number 10, though me and you both know that he was only placed there because of his name and to not make the Calzaghe fight look like a joke. Weather you like it or not, Antonio was ranked at 3 when he lost to Dawson and no matter how bad you think Woods is, hes been around the division for a while and he had a title which he won from Johnson and he himself was also ranked at 4 at the time Tarver beat him. Which fighter did Jones fight in his comeback that was a good fighter with a decent rating?

Comment

Working...
                      X