Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Top Rank in-house is finally burning to ashes

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      I will never forgive Arum for ruining Juanma vs Gamboa, that fight would have been great.

At least PBC is showing they eventually match up their fighters against each other, i still think Haymon's brand biggest weakness is that they dont have the legitimacy HBO has, and they dont help their cause by having awful missmatches every card.
      It's baffling to me how with his huge stable Haymon has yet to make a big star, even the biggest stars he has Broner and Garcia seem to have lost his luster with him.

I will nevet in my life forgive the bastard for ruining a potential fight that could of been talked about for years instead he marinated it to the core and got burnt in no financial gain for his company.

Comment

There's 1 aspect that isn't being mentioned and that's -a promoter- one is , one isn't.

Comment

I'm seeing lots of good fights on PBC lately. Seals vs. Rodriguez was another Fight of the Year candidate.

While Bob Arums recent cards stink of ugly mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            I beg to differ... but respect your opinion... there have been plenty of good fights there! no different than whats been going on in boxing for the past 5 years
            What are your top 5 PBC fights that aired on FREE tv?

Comment

It's come out the same. Al pays you good on one fight but then he puts you Ina shelve unless your already famous your not getting many fights a year. On the other hand a promotional contract assures you a minimum number of fights a year with negotiable purses depending on the opponent. So if you are a prospect with little or no exposure, your better of signing with a promoter who you keep you busy. Al has all these guys but a lot of them are turning stale. Some of them make 400k fighting a bum but only fight once a year. Then they get lazy cause they got it easy. When with a promoter they are promised 3-4 fights a year At 200-400k per fight. So who do the math.

Comment

Working...
              X