Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real reason Pretty Boy Floyd is threatened by Pac...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real reason Pretty Boy Floyd is threatened by Pac...

...Celebrity Status!

We all know Pac is a huge celebrity in the Philippines, a moviestar, and he's been in commercials with the likes of JetLi, Kobe, and Federer. These are international celebrities. And now you see alot of Pac all over the US media, being supported by Hollywood Action movie stars like Seagal (who I think he's even making a movie with?), VanDamme, Christian Bale, Wahlberg, etc.

One can't help but think that Floyd is mainly bitter because of the celebrity status that Pacquiao has gained in the West. You can't deny the fact that Pretty Boy always loves to entertain (gladiator outfit and WWE) and I love that about him, coz you have to admit that whether he's really a cocky bastard in real life or just an act, he did keep Boxing entertaining (outside the ring).

So I think now he regrets retiring because Pac's celebrity status skyrocketed during Floyd's absence. Floyd was considered 'THE American boxer celebrity' and he was the only one in America. Heck, my mom and gf knew about Floyd's popularity without even watching a single fight of his! I'll be honest, even I didn't expect Pac to get so much attention outside the ring, which really caught me by surprise.

I really think Floyd always wanted to go Hollywood when he retires (look at Iron Mike), and so I can't blame him for being bitter (I know I would be) that Pac seems to gain more Hollywood connections, with his face all over TV and Magazines.

But this is just my opinion of course.

cotto
    hatton
    and dela hoya.....lol

Comment

PBF has his own celebrity status. That's irrelevant. What he's bitter about is Pac now being recognized as the sport's top man.

Comment

Also want to add the Roy Jones scenario, he was on the top of his game, until Tarver destroyed him...Roy Jones was great and if it wasn't for Tarver, I'm sure it would've been Roy playing the villain instead for Rocky Balboa. I think Roy wouldve been more fun, knowing how much of a showboat Roy is in the ring. Roy vs. Rocky woul'dve been more exciting. I dunno, maybe Floyd is scared of losing his hollywood opportunity if he loses his perfect record?

Comment

the thing with both these boxers, no matter whos rooting for who, when either of them land a knockout or a win, all the celebs go crazy

and when they finally do fight, and one gets dropped its gonna seem like all of hollywood has been rooting for that guy the entire night

Comment

Originally posted by thewallychamp View Post
            the thing with both these boxers, no matter whos rooting for who, when either of them land a knockout or a win, all the celebs go crazy

and when they finally do fight, and one gets dropped its gonna seem like all of hollywood has been rooting for that guy the entire night
            thats why all the hollywood names have been rooting for pac, they dont want to be proven wrong......

Comment

Working...
            X