No announcement yet.

Who can beat Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    What's bad is, he'll be broke in 5-10 years. He'll always have to see videos of himself, proclaiming that he's the greatest, and flaunting stack of cash, and jewelry. He's going to lose everyone around him, and wish he could turn back the hands of time.

Let's say, PAC/jmm goes broke when they retire. They've garnered so much respect, love, and admiration from their peers, and people alike, that they will always have people willing to help them out, or give them an opportunity to make money.

Floyd will be broke, alone, and on vh1, with a failing reality show, since no one would care about him, once he was officially out the game for a minute. Its sad, but true.
    Yeah for Floyd's sake I hope he has some good, trustworthy financial advisers. Doesn't he have an entourage that would make Allen Iverson's old entourage look small? And speaking of Iverson, maybe he didn't have Floyd money, but he wasn't far off. After endorsements IIRC he accumulated something in the neighborhood of 100 million, and like a year ago he was last seen filing for bankruptcy. All Iverson's mansions? Owned by banks now and auctioned off.

That money seems endless but when you throw around G's like their pennies, and making 3 million dollar bets...that cash can go in a hurry.

Comment

Well Trout did just win a fight handily recently so that does mean for a limited period of time he is unbeatable and the future of boxing but thats just until someone else has a win of note.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Yeah for Floyd's sake I hope he has some good, trustworthy financial advisers. Doesn't he have an entourage that would make Allen Iverson's old entourage look small? And speaking of Iverson, maybe he didn't have Floyd money, but he wasn't far off. After endorsements IIRC he accumulated something in the neighborhood of 100 million, and like a year ago he was last seen filing for bankruptcy. All Iverson's mansions? Owned by banks now and auctioned off.

That money seems endless but when you throw around G's like their pennies, and making 3 million dollar bets...that cash can go in a hurry.
        Yes. Very true. The only difference is, Iverson had legit people, and fans that care about him, and although the media painted him in a negative light, you could tell the dude was as real as they come. He had his share of fan boys, but his truest fans could point out his flaws, and still love him.

Floyd. No comment.

Edit: damnit i'll just say it. Floyd loses tomorrow, and half his fan base is gone.
        Last edited by Scarcaztic; 12-11-2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
          Shane was numb 3 pfp when floyd fought him bring on your excuses.
          HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! #3? On what list? The man was done since before the Mayorga fight... People were literally begging him to retire, then Floyd comes along and is like, DAS RIGHT!!! I WANTS ME SOME OLD MAN MOSLEY!

Then when people wanted to see him fight Cotto, he fights the bum they call Ricky Hatton.

Then he fights Cotto after Cotto is a shell of himself and is like Seee I fought Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            How are champions not the best?
            If you can't answer this question than it's proof you're just a casual boxing fan.

OR...in the immortal words of Roger Mayweather, you simply just don't know **** about boxing

Comment

Who can beat a vacationer? If he had been fighting two times a year he would have lost his zero a long time ago.

Question is who are the three fighters he would have fought if he had fought that number of times in the last three years?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Hayden View Post
                If you can't answer this question than it's proof you're just a casual boxing fan.

OR...in the immortal words of Roger Mayweather, you simply just don't know **** about boxing
                Tsssssssssss. Burn!

Comment

Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Austin Trout at 154...maybe Martinez at 160 depending on how he is after the Knee Injury, but Martinez at 154 I think Mayweather Beats Him but wouldn't get much credit for it because they will say Martinez was Drained

It takes more then just Physical Skills to Defeat Mayweather...fans just wanting to throw him in with fighters with Size and Power alone is not going to Defeat Mayweather, if anything you guys are making Mayweather job of staying undefeated...EASY by wanting to see him against the same damn type of opponents OVER AND OVER

I want to see him against somebody with some SKILLS! Guerrero has some skills and I think Guerrero will put up a respectable effort against Mayweather (early), probably a more respectable effort then most people are thinking but I still think Mayweather picks him apart down the stretch and might even stop him via Ref or Corner Stoppage

Canelo I give NO CHANCE, not even a Punchers Chance, he makes way too much mistakes, I think it would be as one sided as Chavez Jr vs Martinez without the late Rally and Knockdown like Chavez Jr had

I think Trout gives Mayweather SERIOUS PROBLEMS...SERIOUS! Only thing is that both are with Al Haymon so chances of that fight happening is SLIM plus fans don't respect Boxing Skills so the excuse of Trout not being a Draw will keep Mayweather safely away from someone who would be a REAL THREAT because of his SIZE and OVERALL SKILLS

Other then that, at 147-154 and even at the age of 35-36 years old, I still don't give these fighters much of a chance, I think at worst you see Mayweather beat all of them via Split Decision even if it is a Controversial Decision...the rest of boxing is just not catching up with Mayweather as far as Skills are concerned IMO and the other fighters with BOXING SKILLS, the Casual's just have no interest in seeing those fighters against Mayweather (LIKE AUSTIN TROUT!)

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! #3? On what list? The man was done since before the Mayorga fight... People were literally begging him to retire, then Floyd comes along and is like, DAS RIGHT!!! I WANTS ME SOME OLD MAN MOSLEY!

Then when people wanted to see him fight Cotto, he fights the bum they call Ricky Hatton.

Then he fights Cotto after Cotto is a shell of himself and is like Seee I fought Cotto!
                      C'mon man. Everybody and their brother wanted Floyd to fight Mosley after he stopped Margarito. And after stopping Margarito, he was the #3 P4P fighter at the time.

And that same Hatton, was also someone people were saying Floyd was supposedly avoiding at the time. And that same Hatton was undefeated and Top 10 P4P at the time.

And who should Floyd have fought last May??? Pac wasn't happening, there was no WW coming off good performances and/or wins. People were actually saying "Floyd will duck Cotto at 154 and fight Canelo". Than he travels up in weight to fight Cotto and beats him.

Comment

Working...
                      X