Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
    "Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn

Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)"

Sounds like what we heard from the start. Canelo's people want to know Floyd will fight him in exchange for helping him sell this crap PPV event.
    I told you, Floyd wants none of the Ginger combination punching. And I'm sure there is a stipulation that if Canelo loses to Trout, all bets are off so don't let that mandatory fight win or lose be the excuse.

Comment

• Thing is Canelo wants a trade off. Appear on the undercard and get a fight with Floyd. Lets no pretend like he doesnt do floyd a Favor by appearing on his undercard. I'm sure he would rather be the main event of his own card. Its a tricky situation since fighters of his fame dont like being on undercards

Comment

• No Canelo, no buy. Goodluck getting a million buys for this ****ty fight Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
          and then let Canelo try to get a Floyd fight after that. He will be raped by Floyd if that plays out
          Floyd won't fight canelo, he's a *****. If Floyd was so confident he'd beat canelo he'd sign that quick cause it'd be "easy work" but you know damn well FLOYD sees canelo as a threat and canelo is a HUGE name compared fcuking Guerrero. He won't fight canelo.

Comment

• This fight was most of the reason I'd buy this PPV if this one isnt on the undercard I actually probably won't even stream it.

Comment

• So it's starting already. Time for the damage control. I'll bet 20 billion points that if ginger doesn't fight on this card, he isn't fighting Trout. People are really trying to blame Floyd for this, that's just crazy, crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayareamike View Post
                Floyd won't fight canelo, he's a *****. If Floyd was so confident he'd beat canelo he'd sign that quick cause it'd be "easy work" but you know damn well FLOYD sees canelo as a threat and canelo is a HUGE name compared fcuking Guerrero. He won't fight canelo.
                so it has gone from Floyd cherrypicking Canelo to Floyd ducking him? How does that work?

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  Doesn't signing a contract for September take luster off the Trout fight? Can we at least have the illusion that Canelo and Austin are fighting for the chance to face Floyd - why the one way street with Canelo? This is just as big of a fight for Trout. I get Canelo is coming from on the business side...but the uncertainty of these fights is what sells - for me, at least. I don't really like the narrative that the Sept. is a formality because it could change the whole dynamic of the May fights - I want high stakes, not a fight where one guy has a Plan B written in ink already.
                  It doesnt take the luster off, it in no way changes the probability of who will win Canelo-Trout. Canelo still has to beat Trout

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    So it's starting already. Time for the damage control. I'll bet 20 billion points that if ginger doesn't fight on this card, he isn't fighting Trout. People are really trying to blame Floyd for this, that's just crazy, crazy.
                    thats really crazy

Comment

• Canelo dont need Floyd. Floyd needs him. Welcome to Showtime. Floyd wants to cash out the easy way. Canelo isnt the easy way! So look like its no Canelo this year. I wont buy it if Canelo isnt on there either!

Comment

Working...
                      X