Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva is the "GOAT" because..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Silva is the "GOAT" because..

He is a disciplined fighter who can think deeply both in and outside of the ring. Most of these UFC fighters I see are the "badass mofos" that look to **** **** up.

Silva probably has the record for most slipped punches and counters even if you combined 5 fighters together. Rarely swings wild as well, shows good composure under pressure.

Don't knock me for this assumption, I don't watch UFC besides the ones my buddies are willing to pay for at their house. Although I have seen a lot of Silvas fights.

He shows the art form of MMA, not roughhouse tactics. Sure roughhousing works, but I watch boxing for it's sweet science and it looks to me like Silva knows his chemicals.

lol jk.

yeah Silva is the greatest of all-time and I think most ppl would agree with that.

Comment

Most of Silva's fights were against C+ or old fighters. He ducked Shogun when he was the Light heavyweight champion. He took over Middleweight when it was the weakest division in the sport. So of course his overrated cherry picking ass is going to look impressive.

Fedor was a fat LHW who moved up to win the Heavyweight championship and beat 2 of the best fighters in the sport in their primes.

Anderson beat Dan Henderson coming off a loss.

Do you want a detailed description of Anderson's career? Here it is

They answered the questions of those present, the company's employees, and at some point the fighter was asked about the matchup against Jon Jones. Besides confirming their willingness to face it and say that this should occur in 2013, said the Spider to be fighting at a weight of about 87kg(192lbs) intermediate and not worth nor his middleweight belt (up to 83.9 kg or 185lbs) nor the light heavyweight belt (up to 93kg or 205lbs) Jones.
      http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos...-este-ano.html

Faces James Irvin at 205 - A, okay.
      Faces Stephen Bonnar at 205 - A, okay.
      Faces Forrest Griffin at 205 - A, okay.
      Face Jon Jones at 205? - Oh no we're going need atleast a 13 pound catchweight.
      Last edited by WARQUEZ; 02-26-2013, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Ummmmm.....ya'll forgot who Fedor was???

Comment

Apparently some have, yes. And if you're going to make that point, you should post a Fedor gif. Silva's the best in UFC history, I'll agree with that. If Silva were truly the best, than more would pick him as such in their articles. Most still go with Fedor. I might go with Silva if he beats Jones or possibly GSP, if he just retires still with the belt and stays at middle for the rest of his career, than probably not, but his talent alone would make him a close second IMO. If the weight is such a problem, why doesn't Silva stay at 180 and let Jones fight him at 205? Fedor was outweighed in a good amount of his fights in Pride. Maybe if he beats a few bigger opponents he might be the best.

Funny what it says on their Wikipedia pages too, for Silva it says:

UFC president Dana White has called Silva "the greatest mixed martial artist ever."

And for Fedor it says:

Some analysts and fighters consider Emelianenko to be the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. He remained undefeated for nearly a decade, during which time he was widely considered the best heavyweight fighter in mixed martial arts.

Now yeah, Wikipedia is not gospel, but that still speaks volumes.

Good points about Silva's skills though.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Apparently some have, yes. And if you're going to make that point, you should post a Fedor gif. Silva's the best in UFC history, I'll agree with that. If Silva were truly the best, than more would pick him as such in their articles. Most still go with Fedor. I might go with Silva if he beats Jones or possibly GSP, if he just retires still with the belt and stays at middle for the rest of his career, than probably not, but his talent alone would make him a close second IMO. If the weight is such a problem, why doesn't Silva stay at 180 and let Jones fight him at 205? Fedor was outweighed in a good amount of his fights in Pride. Maybe if he beats a few bigger opponents he might be the best.

Funny what it says on their Wikipedia pages too, for Silva it says:

UFC president Dana White has called Silva "the greatest mixed martial artist ever."

And for Fedor it says:

Some analysts and fighters consider Emelianenko to be the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. He remained undefeated for nearly a decade, during which time he was widely considered the best heavyweight fighter in mixed martial arts.

Now yeah, Wikipedia is not gospel, but that still speaks volumes.

Good points about Silva's skills though.
                There's no doubt in my mind that a MW Fedor would beat a MW Silva.

If you've seen the Fedor/Cro Cop fight, explains it all.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  There's no doubt in my mind that a MW Fedor would beat a MW Silva.

If you've seen the Fedor/Cro Cop fight, explains it all.
                  considering Silva subbed Hendo who later went on to ko Fedor.

and don't use the "fedor was past prime" excuse cuz Hendo is like 6 years older than Fedor.

I'd even put Hendo above Fedor and Fedor is one of my favorite fighters all-time.

Fedor is one of the greatest fighters all-time but lets not exaggerate his legend.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                    considering Silva subbed Hendo who later went on to ko Fedor.

and don't use the "fedor was past prime" excuse cuz Hendo is like 6 years older than Fedor.

I'd even put Hendo above Fedor and Fedor is one of my favorite fighters all-time.

Fedor is one of the greatest fighters all-time but lets not exaggerate his legend.
                    SMDH. Not only was Fedor past prime, but people were saying he should retire after the Bigfoot Silva fight.

You could even see him start to decline during the Brett Rogers fight. He wasn't the same Fedor.

I don't take anything away from Hendo's win, but he was past prime.

Also, Fedor is undoubtedly above Hendo in all time rankings.

Yes, Hendo's resume is spectacular, but he's also lost SO many times, and at one point of his career, was called "decision Dan", remember that???

Hendo's greatness comes from his longevity, and durability.

Fedor's greatness comes from being the most dominant specimen the MMA world has ever seen.

Remember in his peak, people were saying he's the "greatest fighter of all time" regardless of MMA/kickboxing/boxing.

He was THAT good during his reign.

Silva, while he is a masterful fighter, isn't the G.O.A.T. skill set wise, or legacy wise.

He has suspect TD defense, although it's gotten better. He's not a strong wrestler, and doesn't have TD threats.

Fedor doesn't have a single weakness.

Go watch the fight with Mirko Cro Cop (a much better striker, and way more dangerous during his peak than Silva), and tell me Fedor wouldn't beat the brakes off Silva.

Fedor had Mirko on his back foot and was landing BOMBS on him. Same thing would happen to Silva. Fedor's Sambo would have Silva back peddaling, and Fedor's extremely quick hands, and powerful punches would be catching Silva.

Silva has NEVER been in the ring/cage with someone like Fedor.

He was the ultimate fighting machine in his PRIME.

P.S. triangle theories don't work. Especially in MMA.

Comment

Working...
                    X