Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'unbreakable' Smartphone, Paper Thin, Bends.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'unbreakable' Smartphone, Paper Thin, Bends.

This is crazy...

Technology is certainly advancing hugely when it comes to these phones. Though only prototypes, they're clearly experimenting and innovating in the field.

--------------------------
    PUBLISHED: 15:41, 10 January 2013 | UPDATED: 16:18, 10 January 2013

Brian Berkeley, head of Samsung Electronics Co.'s display lab in San Jose, California, demonstrated a prototype phone that consisted of a matchbox-sized hard enclosure, with a paper-thin, flexible color screen attached to one end.
    The screen doesn't appear flexible enough to fold in half like a piece of paper, but it could bend into a tube, onlookers said.

The company also showed a video of a future concept, with a phone-sized device that opens up like a book, revealing a tablet-sized screen inside.
    The screen uses organic light-emitting diodes, or OLEDs.
    Only a thin layer of these chemicals is needed to produce a bright, colorful screen.

They're used in many Samsung phones already, though with glass screens.
    For the bendable phone, Samsung laid the chemicals over thin plastic instead of glass.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...le-screen.html

Although indestructible try catching that if you dropped it outside on a windy day

Comment

I would need to stitch that to my hand not to lose it.

Comment

Pretty awesome stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
          I would need to stitch that to my hand not to lose it.
          Don't worry that's next. I work in right across the street from a company that repairs really high tech MRI machines and the old man who is the boss over there, has a chip implanted in his wrist that has all his info from work, pay info, and helps him open the doors of the building.

We will get to a point where all the info, phone, computer info will be on your person at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Don't worry that's next. I work in right across the street from a company that repairs really high tech MRI machines and the old man who is the boss over there, has a chip implanted in his wrist that has all his info from work, pay info, and helps him open the doors of the building.

We will get to a point where all the info, phone, computer info will be on your person at all times.
            Did terminator and to a lesser extenet the Matrix teach us nothing?!!!!!

Comment

All I want is a battery that lasts at least a week and fast internets, not a phone that wraps around my ****

Comment

Samsung with technology we can appreciate one day. While Apple play with wind and fans, Samsung are making **** that we can benefit from.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                  Samsung with technology we can appreciate one day. While Apple play with wind and fans, Samsung are making **** that we can benefit from.
                  I would like to nominate you for most annoying poster on Boxing Scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                    I would like to nominate you for most annoying poster on Boxing Scene.
                    Every time I mention something to do with a phone, you ugly mofo ass shows up. Calm down son, just because you unwisely chose an inferior phone.

I would nominate you for easiest poster to get a reply to.

You are too easy son.

That girl in the Avi looks like an ugly slut. Who are they? Some celebs? Get some boxers on there instead of some ugly ass trailer trash looking celebs FFS. Dang she looks like she's good at sucking dick.

Comment

Working...
                    X