Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Cotto vs. Clottey is possible? Whats is your predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Cotto vs. Clottey is possible? Whats is your predictions?

Who will win? I think if Cotto cant take it to the end then i see Clottey stopping Cotto mid 2 late rounds...... What do you guys think?.........

cotto by ud..clottey isnt active enough

Comment

Its unlikely that Clottey stops Cotto imo.

I just watched Clotteys fight against Corrales recently, and although it was an impressive showing by Clottey, it took a lot to hurt Corrales...and Corrales not only jumped two weight classes, but never had that sturdy of a chin to begin with.

Clottey will likely look real good early on, but he slows down in the mid to late rounds. Look for Cotto to take advantage and break to the body, occasionaly landing some counter left hands to Clottey's head when Clottey opens up his guard.

Clottey is huge for 147 though. biggest guy at that weight, easily. so itll take a ton of firepower to bring him down, and I think its unlikely Cotto will be able to land THAT much punishment against him.

Comment

It's actually lookin like it'll go down, but I'm tryin not to get my hopes up too much. My head says Cotto outworks him, but my heart is wit Clottey comin up big if he actually gets this big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

I just watched Clotteys fight against Corrales recently, and although it was an impressive showing by Clottey, it took a lot to hurt Corrales...and Corrales not only jumped two weight classes, but never had that sturdy of a chin to begin with.

Clottey will likely look real good early on, but he slows down in the mid to late rounds. Look for Cotto to take advantage and break to the body, occasionaly landing some counter left hands to Clottey's head when Clottey opens up his guard.

Clottey is huge for 147 though. biggest guy at that weight, easily. so itll take a ton of firepower to bring him down, and I think its unlikely Cotto will be able to land THAT much punishment against him.
          .......Co-sign!

Comment

clottey will punish cotto, but cotto will come back in the later rounds. I got clottey winning via SD

Comment

im pretty sure this will happen

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

Cotto hardly ever loses the first rounds of his fights..he's mainly lost the last few for the same reasons as Clottey..Stamina..that's why I think Cotto can inflict more damage early on..especially to Clottey's body..and possibly even TKO him down the stretch..it might be wishful thinking..but I don't see it as an impossible task..

overall tho..I think Cotto takes this whether it's thru UD or T/KO

Comment

You guys have to remember that Clotty is the WW equivalent to a starving hyena ATM, while Cotto is a pampered and full Pitbull. Clotty will fight as if his life depends on it and I think he will UD Cotto. This fight is just a fight to Cotto, but it means either survival or starvation for Clotty. I wouldn't be surprised if Clotty were to stop Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    You guys have to remember that Clotty is the WW equivalent to a starving hyena ATM, while Cotto is a pampered and full Pitbull. Clotty will fight as if his life depends on it and I think he will UD Cotto. This fight is just a fight to Cotto, but it means either survival or starvation for Clotty. I wouldn't be surprised if Clotty were to stop Cotto.
                    I think Cotto is A LOT smarter than to believe a match with Clottey is "just a fight"..I'm sure he also knows that Jennings was just the Appetizer..but Clottey is the MEAL homie..and now Arum's tryin to serve Pacquiao to him as dessert!..

Comment

Working...
                    X