Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not saying they would definitely beat Muhammad Ali but I'm not saying Muhammad would definitely beat them either. I feel they should be considered on equal footing!

Muhammad beat what 1 or 2 fighters in Foreman and Lyle who were anywhere near relevant to the fighters in question, Foreman was an unrepeatable performance imo.

I seen Byrd UD Holy and Tua, last rounds against Wladimir, Vitali and Ike and KO Thunder.

I seen McCall and Rahman's belting of Lewis and they are far more skilled that given credit for. They are not just bums off the street!

What performance of Muhammad Ali other than what I already suggested makes you think he could walk all over the beaters of the dominant champs? If it exists I would like to see it!!

Comment

• Rahman has been ripped off so many times imo he deserved to be a multiple times HW champion imo!

As with Andrew Golota. Of his what 6 title shots he earned you can't tell me he didn't deserve to capture the title atleast once or twice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post
        Rahman has been ripped off so many times imo he deserved to be a multiple times HW champion imo!

As with Andrew Golota. Of his what 6 title shots he earned you can't tell me he didn't deserve to capture the title atleast once or twice!
        Considering he was dumb enough to get DQ'd twice against Riddick Bowe, even to the point of giving a combo to his crotch, and then quitting against Mike Tyson in two rounds. Also add on Lennox KO'ing him in 1 round. i'd say no, he didn't deserve to capture the title.

Comment

• Ah yes, he was stupid to get DQ'd against Bowe but he DID spank him 2ce. Golota was among the dumbest HW's on the scene rivalled only possibly by Bowe himself lol. I feel Golota did enough against Byrd to earn the decision. He threw the more effective punches I thought! Golota should have spanked that Tyson.

He was never about to beat Lewis, that's his main mountain he'd never climb!

I think he should have had Bowe's or Byrd's belt. I felt sorry for the dummy lol.

Comment

I'm not saying they would definitely beat Muhammad Ali but I'm not saying Muhammad would definitely beat them either. I feel they should be considered on equal footing!

Muhammad beat what 1 or 2 fighters in Foreman and Lyle who were anywhere near relevant to the fighters in question, Foreman was an unrepeatable performance imo.

I seen Byrd UD Holy and Tua, last rounds against Wladimir, Vitali and Ike and KO Thunder.

I seen McCall and Rahman's belting of Lewis and they are far more skilled that given credit for. They are not just bums off the street!

What performance of Muhammad Ali other than what I already suggested makes you think he could walk all over the beaters of the dominant champs? If it exists I would like to see it!!
            Any version of Ali before the third Frazier fight would toy with those clowns. Then again he never KO'd Jimmy Thunder. But I'm not going to spend much time debating someone who is obviously irrational.

Comment

Rahman has been ripped off so many times imo he deserved to be a multiple times HW champion imo!

Rahman sucked and Golota was worse. Name even one top 10 contender that Golota ever beat. Rahman actually got KO'd twice by Oleg Maskaev.

Comment

• Thunder is no great fighter I included him to show Byrd can handle himself against hard hitters and knock them out. He can out box Tua all night and Evander.

Ha, The 60's Ali stands greatest chances against Byrd, I would tip him to beat Byrd in fact by UD because he is faster and has greater range and Byrd has not the power to crunch him.

Against all others I think the 70's Ali stands best chances, Rahman, McCall would knock pre-exile Ali out! They can really ****ing brawl and bang and they are certainly skilled+fast enough to catch this Ali.

The Ali of the 60's did nothing to suggest he could beat them, NOTHING!

Liston,
                Terrell,
                Chuvalo,
                Cooper,
                London,
                Mildenberger,
                Patterson.
                Moore

Where is the competition?

Take a look at McCall and Rahman, look how tough they are when they fight. Then take a look at Floyd Patterson, considered a "great opponent" for Clay? Nothing but a sick joke!

Comment

Thunder is no great fighter I included him to show Byrd can handle himself against hard hitters and knock them out. He can out box Tua all night and Evander.

Ha, The 60's Ali stands greatest chances against Byrd, I would tip him to beat Byrd in fact by UD because he is faster and has greater range and Byrd has not the power to crunch him.

Against all others I think the 70's Ali stands best chances, Rahman, McCall would knock pre-exile Ali out! They can really ****ing brawl and bang and they are certainly skilled+fast enough to catch this Ali.

The Ali of the 60's did nothing to suggest he could beat them, NOTHING!

Liston,
                  Terrell,
                  Chuvalo,
                  Cooper,
                  London,
                  Mildenberger,
                  Patterson.
                  Moore

Where is the competition?

Take a look at McCall and Rahman, look how tough they are when they fight. Then take a look at Floyd Patterson, considered a "great opponent" for Clay? Nothing but a sick joke!
                  Max Baer could likely whip McCall and Rahman if he really wanted to.

I would also put Sonny Liston and Archie Moore over both of them.

Comment

• McCall was a fighter alright he was fighting the voices in his head he is more F U C K E D UP than Gollatta

Comment

• Right so you put demonstratably the worst natural HW of all time Liston who has beaten absolutely no fighters worth mentioning, a blown up middleweight who did absolutely nothing back in 1950's HW Moore and an ancient boxer who won his title by beating an oaf and lost it to a career bum! You put these guys ahead of Rahman and McCall, good boxers, slandered because they were only 2nd tier champs in an era full of tough contenders and a selection of shining stars.

That's a sad and shameful outlook and I think Rahman and McCall would spit at that! Yet you can give Frazier and Foreman who received and lost their titles immediately and even Max Baer and Patterson credit and not draw any comparisons here?

I know for a fact Rahman and McCall would belt the piss out of that level of competition and would bet handsomely. Ali maybe give them trouble but not bums like that!

Comment

Working...
                      X