No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: We'll Review Every Option, Pacquiao Only One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    If no Pacquiao then he should just retire imo, Marquez may still "feel good" but the truth is.. he is still well past his prime.. and in reality, he was losing the fight with Pacquiao before the KO which was really more due to Pacquiao being careless just before the bell from what I saw. Marquez success was more of him knowing and studying Pacquiao after so many fights between them, he hasn't become a better fighter, styles make fights, I'm sure he can still compete at a high level, but it doesn't necessarily mean he can beat some of the young prime fighters of today like a Bradley, Rios, Broner, ect.. he could very well lose to any of the 3, nothing left to prove really...
    This is exactly how I feel mate....

JMM should have just stayed retired, he got his win over MP so what else is there for him to prove. The only problem is he didn`t want to retire and wants at least one more fight....but with who? I think he has made a mistake by saying he wants to continue and has realised that if MP hadn`t been so careless and he got that KO he would have indeed been TKOd himself two or three rounds later which is now on the back of his mind if he were to give MP a fifth fight and chance at redemption.....his amazing win by KO of MP could all be negated in a fifth fight if he was to lose by being battered/TKO so what is the point of him not retiring?

He either fights MP for mega dollars (the only fighter he can make higher demands with cos anyone else will just tell him to STFU) and loses or fights others without so much risk for a lot less money and loses his reputation.....so what is the point of him continuing?, should have just retired IMO.

Comment

Translation:

"I won but he was beating the shh out of me before I landed the jesus punch"

If he does continue fighting I hope he steps away from associating with Angel, I always like JMM because I always saw him as the working man's champ but the angel thing hasn't sat well with me and it seems many others including journalists who've been on his side for a decade. I'm not saying he cheated, i'm not saying he took anything..but if your pastor starts working with an admitted con man and all of the sudden the coifers are empty you start asking questions.

Comment

Lol, Cotto is coming off of two straight losses after coming off a shaky staged win over a one eyed Margarito.

Why are people even suggesting this fight? Did I mention size difference? I mean Marquez still would beat Cotto, but this fight makes no sense.

Comment

Marquez can make millions fighting Mathyse, Maidana, Rios, Broner, García and can have Pacquiao wait 2 years which is the average time Pacquia had Marquez wait for each of their rematches. Arum knows that if Pacquiao fights someone else not named Marquez or Mayweather he will be fighting on 500,000 and under ppv buys and therefore will look vulnerable when negotiating against Marquez and Mayweather which can bring in an extra million ppvs. By the way, after their 2nd fight Pacquiao wanted nothing to do with Marquez. The only reason he gave Marquez rematches was because Arum had no other fighters outside of top rank that could bring in the hefty ppvs for Pacquiao AND after the 1st fight the 2nd and 3rd fight weren't as action packed because of Pacquiao not wanting to engaged as much with Marquez. Pacquiao got kayoed because he decided to knockout or be knocked out. Chances are so slim of him beating Marquez. What game plan is he going to bring? He can't outbox him. The only chance he has is that he goes all out again and risk being knocked out. And Pacquiao says he won't chase Marquez for a rematch but his fans, the media and his mind will be doing the chasing for him. Both Pacuiao and Marquez will always be ALL TIME GREATS! Hopefully Pacquiao fights and beats Mayweather who himself is s great fighter. He just doesn't fight as often.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
            I like the Cotto vs Marquez fight (size comparison is pretty dumb) theyre even. This fight is a pickem and should be good.

If Marquez does fight Pac. If I were Marquez I would ask for the same amount of money Pac got in the last fight.....if not Pac can go to hell. Marquez is the man now.
            You are stupid if you think that. Marquez is a boring fighter against anybody not named Floyd or Pac he can't make money. You should know who is the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by ailicec View Post
              Marquez can make millions fighting Mathyse, Maidana, Rios, Broner, García and can have Pacquiao wait 2 years which is the average time Pacquia had Marquez wait for each of their rematches. Arum knows that if Pacquiao fights someone else not named Marquez or Mayweather he will be fighting on 500,000 and under ppv buys and therefore will look vulnerable when negotiating against Marquez and Mayweather which can bring in an extra million ppvs. By the way, after their 2nd fight Pacquiao wanted nothing to do with Marquez. The only reason he gave Marquez rematches was because Arum had no other fighters outside of top rank that could bring in the hefty ppvs for Pacquiao AND after the 1st fight the 2nd and 3rd fight weren't as action packed because of Pacquiao not wanting to engaged as much with Marquez. Pacquiao got kayoed because he decided to knockout or be knocked out. Chances are so slim of him beating Marquez. What game plan is he going to bring? He can't outbox him. The only chance he has is that he goes all out again and risk being knocked out. And Pacquiao says he won't chase Marquez for a rematch but his fans, the media and his mind will be doing the chasing for him. Both Pacuiao and Marquez will always be ALL TIME GREATS! Hopefully Pacquiao fights and beats Mayweather who himself is s great fighter. He just doesn't fight as often.
              Another floydiot alt who doesn't have any clue in boxing.

First Pac doesn't need Marquez if Marquez doesn't want to fight Pac again. How many ppv Marquez did against anybody not named Pacquaio besides Floyd?

Pac is know to be action fighter and bring the fight to his opponents while Marquez was keep waiting for Pac to punch first so he can counter Pac. If Pac just waited for Marquez to punch first as well, what do you think would happen to the first, second and third fight?
              Last edited by straightleft; 02-11-2013, 03:43 AM.

Comment

How many ppvs will Pacquiao bring NOW without M&M (MARQUEZ and MAYWEATHER) ? I like Marquez cause he is the master of combinations. Love Pacquiao cause he is action packed but careless. And like Mayweather's counter punching also but find him to be boring. Please answer me this. How come Pacquio can't stand toe-to-toe with Marquez for a full 6 rounds or more when both Katsidis and Díaz could?

Comment

Originally posted by ailicec View Post
                  How many ppvs will Pacquiao bring NOW without M&M (MARQUEZ and MAYWEATHER) ? I like Marquez cause he is the master of combinations. Love Pacquiao cause he is action packed but careless. And like Mayweather's counter punching also but find him to be boring. Please answer me this. How come Pacquio can't stand toe-to-toe with Marquez for a full 6 rounds or more when both Katsidis and Díaz could?
                  the answer is that pac is one dimensional and don't know how to defend. speed and power just don't get it done against an elite fighter. thats why he always had problems with marquez and finally got knocked out. mayweather would have killed him.

Comment

what is there to review? either rematch pacquiao and make alot of money.or retire. you are 39yrs old and just put the stamp on your career by putting ducqiao to sleep. please retire before something goes terribly wrong.

Comment

He is saying no now but the offer is just going to go up and it is the most money he is going to make against anybody right now.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him against Bradley but it might not be enough money to make that fight.

Some how they might slip Gamboa in there

Comment

Working...
                      X