No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson-Hopkins Declared A No-Contest By CSAC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Contest

I can agree with the ruling. That is what the pay per view subscribers got for their money. "NO CONTEST" As for a rematch, it should be on HBO or Showtime instead of pay per view. Their styles don't match up well at all.
    Chances are the rematch will be an uneventful affair.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
      sO now when a guy is losing or decides too bail out of a fight he can pretend an injury and get a no contest later ?

Thanks for giving mayweather ideas for when he fights manny .... BERNARD
      The injury resulted in a tackle by Dawson. Dawson own fault.

Comment

They need a rematch, do it free on HBO, b-hop an all time great but i think he is too old for somebody like dawson, this aint pascal with no footwork slow n not great boxing skills, imo dawson beats him he too much for him

Comment

Dawson is stuck in Boxing Purgatory. He is boring inside and outside of the ring. I don't mind watching him personally, as I prefer technical boxers.

But boxing promotions aren't gonna invest in matches that aren't gonna get them capital in return. If the first fight didn't draw anything, the second one won't either. IT'S OVER.

He can secure the mandatory position and force Hopkins to vacate the WBC, that's about it. Hopkins will remain the Ring Magazine Champ. And both can go chase Canadian money. Dawson with Pascal, and Hopkins with Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Rematch NEEDS to happen...
            I agree but stick in an under card!

Comment

Got to be a rematch it was shaping up into a decent fight before the injury.

Comment

Good Decision

Comment

NOBODY mentioned B.hop and McNabb sitting 6 seats from each other in the same row at the Peterson-Khan fight...smh....c'mon my dudes, that desreved a thread

oh yea, and STILL.....

Comment

Originally posted by *2TOUGH* View Post
                    the guy threw him down... watch the video...

if bernard fell to the floor by himself from a body punch and dislocated his shoulder then it would be a TKO.
                    He didn't throw him down. He shrugged him off. Hopkins deliberately draped himself completely over Dawson's back, to push him down, afavourite Hopkins trick, and in straightening up, Dawson shrugged him off. A natural thing to do.

Hopkins never showed anyone a medical report saying that an MRI had shown a dislocation or fracture, or whatever the hell he was claiming. A separation cannot be seen by Xray, it is a very minor injury with, medically speaking, 6 different degrees of severity. Hopkins' may have had an A1. LOOK IT UP...... Many fighters fight completely through separation injuries.

In fact, I've seen thousands of fights and don't recall a single one ever being called because of what turned out to have been a "separation".

Comment

Seems to be a lot of People *****ing about the ruling... this is boxing not MMA why it was marked as a W and a stoppage at that for Dawson in the first place was baffling!

Comment

Working...
                      X