No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Explains Decision To Leave Joel Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
    Bradley has almost lost his last few fights because of his own stubborness not because of Diaz. Bradley has this idea in his head that he is or deserves to be a ko artist. He refuses to accept who he is and his limitations. He also refuses to accept and use his God given talents which are his foot work, speed, and boxing. Instead he wants ko power and behaves like his is Mike Tyson in the ring. Diaz gives him all the right advice and I am sure they train in the gym to box his opponents. But once Tim gets in the ring he throws all that out and goes for a ko. This is why he has almost lost his last few fights. And nobody, not a new trainer, are going to change Tim's mind.

As far as his wife, I am sure she had a big part in this decision, she is afterall his manager. She knows nothing about boxing yet she has a big part in the decision making process. She probably blames Diaz for Tim's past performances. BTW, she should be grateful not arrogant. I mean Tim could do a whole lot better than her. When he got with her she already had like 2 or 3 kids from other guys. So she is damn lucky that Tim has zero taste. At least when other star fighters have a wife or gf before they become stars, once they do become stars their wives, gfs, all make an effort to look better. Lose weigh,nose jobs etc. I mean just look at Cotto's wife. Look at the before and after. Tim's wife still looks the same, fat.
    Not arguing with you.....

But look at how highly Provodnikov is rated by casual fans, look at guys like Lemieux, etc..... casual fans love punchers, so apparently that is where the money is.

I can see why Bradley fought that way against Provodnikov, although he did not need to finish that fight the same way it started.

But against Pac ?

Bit silly.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I dont know Monica, or Jin, so not commenting on them specifically..... but every wife who was appointed as manager by her husband, has a fool for a client.

Seriously, how fkn amateur can you get.

What, the motivating factors that drive a manager even closely resemble the motivating factors that drive your wife?

How fkn absurd !

I'm gonna say it..... she is probably totally unqualified, and likely didn't know where to start.

I will go further, the wife/manager thing rarely works..... if ever.
      Very true. Does she even have a HS diploma? She does not have a college degree, as far as I know she does not even have a work history. She basically has just pumped out kids since she was a teenager. I am not saying anything is wrong with that. But how do the qualifications of having a bunch of kids, no work history, no education, no business or management skills, no business experience or education make her a good choice for managing one of the top most well paid boxers in the world?

Its insane how easily Bradley is led around by the nose by his wife. If she was gorgeous I would understand to some degree, but that is not the case.

Comment

Not arguing with you.....

But look at how highly Provodnikov is rated by casual fans, look at guys like Lemieux, etc..... casual fans love punchers, so apparently that is where the money is.

I can see why Bradley fought that way against Provodnikov, although he did not need to finish that fight the same way it started.

But against Pac ?

Bit silly.
        Of course punchers are more popular and well known, but Tim is not a puncher and nothing well ever change that. He has to do with the talents his has not the ones he wishes he has. As far as money, he is already one of the best paid fighters in the world, probably in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          Are u insane? The Teddy Atlas u are describing no longer exists. Now he is all about him, his ego has gotten too big. If he trained another top fighter it will be all about him and I would not be surprised if spent the majority of his time writing down and memorizing witty things to say as he plays to the camera in the corner.

The Teddy Atlas that led Moorer to the heavyweight title was real now he is just a tv personality with a giant ego, and just like other egomaniac tv personalities he is full of ****. When FNFs shutdown and he went to work with PBC people asked him if he will still be as outspoken, against all the things wrong with boxing, when he works for PBC. he said of course he would and no way would he change. Now, if anyone has seen the past couple of ESPN PBC fights then we all know Teddy was full of **** when he said he would still be outspoken and truthful. He is nothing but a PBC cheerleader now. No outspokenness, no criticisms about anything PBC, nothing at all. He has become an Al Haymon a*s kisser and nothing else.
          I am guessing that you are a Pacquiao fan, right ?

If so, I understand why you dont like Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
            If I remember right, I saw a 24/7 episode where he was inconsistent and late to training sessions.
            Damn didn't realize that. I could easily see that though. Being a trainer is almost more dedication than a fighter. Now that I think of it, as much spotlight Teddy and Floyd Sr get, they'd probably be no better than Diaz. I think Roach won't be around too much longer as the elite trainer he is. Plus I don't think volume in combo's is exactly Tim strength. He has good stamina but not great. He needs a trainer that can train Bradley as the multi-dimensional fighter he is

Comment

I am guessing that you are a Pacquiao fan, right ?

If so, I understand why you dont like Atlas.
              I am a boxing fan. Paq has nothing to do with this. BTW not very many people like Atlas. I used to like him in the 90s, but he is nothing but a blo-hard now. As for Paq, Atlas making PED accusations without any evidence just backs up my claim he is a blo-hard egomaniac. He thinks he is some sort of boxing intellectual. Do u actually here the things he says on ESPN or on his radio show The guy tries to sound like an intellectual by misusing words, mispronouncing words, all around sounding like an idiot.

There are times he gets his criticism right, when it comes to judges or refs, but now that he is with PBC there is a 0 tolerance policy for criticizing anything or anyone in the PBC universe.
              Last edited by jdp28tx; 09-03-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Yea, very surprising..... what a shocker.

Those guys were real tight.
                Bradley is a simp or a white knight, dude just said a real man will never blame a WOMAN, thats some simp talk. Didnt Bradley used to have a crush on his wife back in school but she never gave him the time of day and even banged other dudes and got pregnant by some guys and that guy left and Tim offered to take care of her and her kids, this woman is just using Tim for his money similar to Jin, Tim was just the back up plan he was never her first choice, and she has a belly like a pork belly pig, its weird how she doesn't even try to get in shape for her man, Tim is a sucker for real, he shouldnt turn against Joel like that.

and he turned on him over something so pity like Joe leaving the ring early insead of celebrating with Tim lol, Tim reminds me of my ex, she had people whispering in her ears and she left me and told me I didnt love her because I didnt walk her to her car holding her hand, wtf? So I had to hold her hand all the time? turned out one of her frenemy girlfriends manipulated her and said I was not a good man and was just using her.

Tim has that same type of mentality easy to brainwash to manipulate

Comment

Big Teddy Atlas fan here. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Bradley corner

Comment

Damn splitting huh..John David jackson and Desert Storm now that would be a good for Bradley WARRR DESERT STORM!!!! One of my favs always in good fights...

Comment

Teddy Atlas? Really? That's so random. Teddy offers nothing to a guy like Bradley who already has the work ethic and heart. If he's leaving Diaz, which I think is a bad move, then he needs to go to a guy like Jackson, Roach, Hill, Garcia...there's a lot of guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X