Collapse
No announcement yet.

once again i witnessed proof lifting weights doesn't make you stronger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do 60 year olds & 5'2 200lbs women in their 40s pass this test & a personal trainer doesn't? This guy is exactly what new england said... A *****! These sand bags are 50lbs... The sitting at a 45 degree angle leaning forward for 5 minutes is a test of strength in your back... He failed that part too... Obese people were doing it & this light work out was meant to weed out people not fit for duty. I couldn't imagine what the trainer was thinking. Old & fat people pass at the same time this guy couldn't... $40/hr out the door... The biceps look great but the money would look better... Too much time in the gym looking pretty & when he stepped up to get a real job he couldn't even get in the door. Guess he should stick to working in the gym or at the tanning salon. I bet he was embarrassed to watch that fat chick pass & he couldnt

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      How do 60 year olds & 5'2 200lbs women in their 40s pass this test & a personal trainer doesn't? This guy is exactly what new england said... A *****! These sand bags are 50lbs... The sitting at a 45 degree angle leaning forward for 5 minutes is a test of strength in your back... He failed that part too... Obese people were doing it & this light work out was meant to weed out people not fit for duty. I couldn't imagine what the trainer was thinking. Old & fat people pass at the same time this guy couldn't... $40/hr out the door... The biceps look great but the money would look better... Too much time in the gym looking pretty & when he stepped up to get a real job he couldn't even get in the door. Guess he should stick to working in the gym or at the tanning salon. I bet he was embarrassed to watch that fat chick pass & he couldnt
      You sound like you have an ax to grind.

Comment

He was probably a curlbro

Gotta do your squats and deads

Comment

Thats like telling Usain Bolt to run a Marathon. Then based on his performance saying "see sprinters can't run". It's what you tailor your body for and what you have your body use to. I personally wrestled (college) but HS I also played football.

Me going into wrestling season right after football season was tough. I had to get back into wrestling fitness which is different than football fitness.

Comment

Like most said its probably to do with endurance/strength endurance.

Also if the guy uses machines instead of free weights im lead to believe that they dont develop your stabilizing muscles (around your core and around other joints like shoulder/wrists) very well. which could mean he struggled with weights he would normally be able to lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              That's that old man strength, similar to ****** strength.
              That was pretty damn funny, I lol'd

Comment

Depends on what body parts he trains...it is impossible to train a body part and it not be strong

Comment

I'm the same. I'm an ox & been swinging a sledge hammer & in construction for 18 years. I work with some really strong guys & none of them go to the gym... The old saying in my trade is if you can go to the gym after or before work, you are not working hard enough. Nobody would be going to the gym after a dày of working with us...
                  you have been swinging a sledge for 18 years..so of course those muscles you use are strong..you work them every damn day

Comment

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
                    OP is confused, Bodybuilders don't train for strength as the primary goal (it is a secondary goal, though) the primary goal of a bodybuilder is to sculpt the body, to be aesthetically pleasing and look good.

Weightlifting does make you stronger but the OP is making the mistake that a great physique = great strength, it doesn't and it never has.

Now if you want to see how weightlifting can really make you stronger you should watch strongmen and how they train, you'll notice their physiques aren't aesthetically pleasing (mostly) and they look like they belong in the pub with a pint of beer. This is because they train for strength as the primary goal and not sculpting their body.

Here's a video to show you the difference:

That vid was really cool until it turned into a german sheiza film.

Comment

Seen it a few times the gym buff guy who is weak on the job. Laughed my ass off today when a personal trainer who was 6'4 250 solid muscle failed my jobsite workout... I know 2 guys who are almost crippled & passed, fat men, 60 year olds but this guy couldn't lean over at a 45 for 5 minutes... Up & down stairs for 3 minutes, pick up & set down 50lbs sand bags.... This guys arms were bigger then my head... Completely useless & they wouldnt let him on site. The person in charge recommended a personal trainer & the guy was pissed & said he was one.... All show, no substance... Pathetic!
                      Why would you make a thread so stupid?

Someone lifting weights and doing strength training....would get stronger...

Comment

Working...
                      X