No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire will never be a huge draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Who cares if Donaire doesn't become a huge draw. 95% of the boxers today won't become a huge draw.
    No 95% wont fight on PPV. 99.9% wont become PPV draws. I enjoy Donaire, consider him one of my favorite fighters, but he has talent and not all that other stuff. He doesn't have a personality or guts first style that draws fans in. Cotto is considered #3 p4p PPV draws but he still needs an opponent. Take away Pac, Mayweather, and Margo and what is his best PPV? I love Gatti but he was NEVER an A-side PPV draw. Also Donaire doesn't have the opponents he needs. I hug Rigo's nuts more than Donaire's but I would still be pissed if I had to pay for that fight. Pacquiao and Mayweather PPV numbers have distorted our perceptions of what a great fighter is.

Comment

Nonito makes very good money, but is he worth it?

Comment

I think nonito is a great fighter but he needs to fight better opposition nishioka is a good choice though it won't make him a "superstar"

Comment

NO FIGHTER in the weight class of 126 and lower will ever become a "DRAW"!

Which is sad because I think those Divisions are loaded with talented...but Casuals and the people actually do spend their money on Tickets and PPV Events, they don't care about any Divisions Lower then MAYBE 135

147 and up is where the Money Is At!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post

Which is sad because I think those Divisions are loaded with talented...but Casuals and the people actually do spend their money on Tickets and PPV Events, they don't care about any Divisions Lower then MAYBE 135

it is possible to earn huge paydays at around 130. I think Pacquiao and Morales were making millions already at 130. Granted the stars need to align to make that much at that weight class.. He needs fellow superstars @ his weight class probably of mexican decent because they are the ones that constitute the majority of the audience at the lower weight classes.
            Last edited by Alibata; 09-25-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Naseem Hamed

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                Naseem Hamed
                Prince Naseem knew how to sale himself...none of the current fighters at 126 come close to being the type of character Prince Naseem was

Comment

Nonito probably earns the highest guarantee in or around his division. He has the style to become an attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                    it is possible to earn huge paydays at around 130. I think Pacquiao and Morales were making millions already at 130. Granted the stars need to align to make that much at that weight class.. He needs fellow superstars @ his weight class probably of mexican decent because they are the ones that constitute the majority of the audience at the lower weight classes.
                    OF course you can still make Great Money at the lower weight class but the topic is about being a "DRAW", a Draw to me are fighters who can grab the attention of casual fans and get them to either come watch them fight or pay for a PPV to see them fight

Comment

Prince Naseem knew how to sale himself...none of the current fighters at 126 come close to being the type of character Prince Naseem was
                      you said no fighter will ever be a draw........i just pointed out how you were wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X