No announcement yet.

Everest Base Camp Trek - Who's in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everest Base Camp Trek - Who's in?

When I've finished travelling Canada I was to do something a bit more adventurous and after reading the Everest thread, I think I'd like to trek through Nepal to Everest Base Camp.

Including flights, connections, and everything else - food, accommodation, fee's etc I can't envisage the trip costing more than £1500 which anybody can save up over a few months.

Flights to Kathmandu from the UK are only around £600 in September time, and I don't want to pay for a guide, would rather travel off our own backs so that's another expense we don't have to deal with.

The trip to Everest base camp from Lukla and back takes roughly 10 days, although you need to acclimatise to the thin air for 7 days before the trekking starts. That's roughly 17 days, with another 3 spent back in Kathmandu celebrating and going wild!

Overall the trip would take around 3 weeks, and I'd like to go next September time when the air is clear, the road is quieter, and the scenery is more visible.

Obviously I don't have a solid plan just yet, but I'm going to research some more, and plan the trip in more detail.

So does anybody from boxing scene want to get adventurous and put your names down for a trip of a lifetime? We have a year to plan and save. What say you boxing scene?

Originally posted by alan.farr
    I have done this. Its very hard and altitude can kill you or damage you.
    would you happen to have photos? that is something that I would love but don't have the nuts to do.

My buddy and did ride our bikes across the entire province of prince edward island.

Comment

I'd be up for something simpler like Three Peaks

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        would you happen to have photos? that is something that I would love but don't have the nuts to do.

My buddy and did ride our bikes across the entire province of prince edward island.
        I did the same in Belgium

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
          I did the same in Belgium
          have a look at the crappy stats in PEI. lol

It was beautiful but there's not much to see.

Comment

You and your 'friend' look cool, Timmeh.

I like his hat in particular.

Comment

Man, please stick up some pics, I would love to see them. I can probably talk for the rest of the guys, we dont want to see you or your face, so feel free to skip those pics out

P.S Good luck with that Timbatron, that sort of experience will make you a better person for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by alan.farr
                I do, but i would like to maintain my privacy on the internet and keep it with my close friends and family. I hope you can understand.
                of course brother. i was thinking more along the lines of scenic pics though.

thanks for the response.

Comment

sucks about the crowd man...i used to go to banff and all the tourists just kills the environment. it's almost as if you're not even in nature anymore.

Comment

sucks about the crowd man...i used to go to banff and all the tourists just kills the environment. it's almost as if you're not even in nature anymore.
                    I want to go to Banff to ski... or Lake Louise, think they're quite close

Comment

Working...
                    X