No announcement yet.

Junior Dos Santos vs Frank Mir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phallus View Post
    so u think manbearpig gonzaga is a better fighter takedown wise than mir? i was impressed with how easy junior stuffed manbearpig's takedowns
    Sorry man, the manbearpig nickname has been cracking me up a bit. But who the fuck are you talking about again?

I do think JDS and Velasquez would be able to keep the fight standing against Mir. Mir is way overrated in my opinion. He has good submissions, but he doesn't have the ability to get the fight to the ground against the up and coming UFC heavyweights (namely JDS, Velasquez and Carwin). I can't see Mir beeting any of the three (obviously 1 down already).

Comment

I think Dos Santos would walk right thru Mir. 1st round KO.
      Dos Santos has that look about him that says " I aint messing around ".

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        Sorry man, the manbearpig nickname has been cracking me up a bit. But who the fuck are you talking about again?

I do think JDS and Velasquez would be able to keep the fight standing against Mir. Mir is way overrated in my opinion. He has good submissions, but he doesn't have the ability to get the fight to the ground against the up and coming UFC heavyweights (namely JDS, Velasquez and Carwin). I can't see Mir beeting any of the three (obviously 1 down already).
        manbearpig = gabe gonzaga

Comment

Mir is a great fighter, but I think ppl put too much stock on him after he ko'd Big Nog, even Mir himself. Against todays HW's, he not as explosive as Cain nor as powerful as Carwin. I see JDS as an even worst beast for him, he's got great crisp boxing w/ ko power. Plus w/ the Nog bros on his side, who knows how good his ground game is. Just because we haven't seen him on the ground doent mean he cant play there.

Comment

Originally posted by kymira View Post
            Mir is a great fighter, but I think ppl put too much stock on him after he ko'd Big Nog, even Mir himself. Against todays HW's, he not as explosive as Cain nor as powerful as Carwin. I see JDS as an even worst beast for him, he's got great crisp boxing w/ ko power. Plus w/ the Nog bros on his side, who knows how good his ground game is. Just because we haven't seen him on the ground doent mean he cant play there.
            i hope mir finds this out the hard way

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
              i hope mir finds this out the hard way
              If he's not on Dana's good side, he probably will. But I have a feeling they'll give Frank an easier fight next. I dont think Dana's finished milking mir yet.

Comment

JDS is the real deal and will destory mir

Comment

Working...
                X