Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Credit Card do you use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] What kind of Credit Card do you use?

Hey yo fam been a minute hope everyone had a wonderful xmas.

So it looks like my career is finally back on track. I totally left my job because they tried to screw me on my compensation and benefits.

Long story short I closed 39 deals into final completion for them and they would not give me a cent of commission for any of those 39 deals and told me some BS like they are doing some major restructuring and I will get a big time raise starting on May 1st. I said hell to the no and put in my two week notice. I was their #1 Sales rep and closed more deals into completion than any other sales rep there including the 2 VP's who were supposed to be my managers. They wanted me to work until Feb. 1st and help train my replacements but I told them to go F them self.

So the silver lining is I got a really good offer from this big time company based in New York and they are flying me out to NYC, Conn. and Florida for training and conferences in feb. Its for a GM position so I'll be a GM once again lol. So no more overqualified jokes against your boy! LMAO

So here's the thing because of all the traveling, and business expenses I have to do as a GM they want me to get a new business credit card used primarily for work/business. They even got me a Gold Card Amex if I should decide to go that route. I had a Amex before in the past but it was because we had to always get our goods from Costco and back then they had that partnership. As soon as I left that GM position back then I canceled my Amex because it was a business cc and not my personal cc, also there was some like $300 annual charge. I was like F that why should I pay a $300 annual charge for a credit card? So I never got an Amex again.

I have been using the Chase Freedom card ever since and never had any real problems. I build up points that I can turn into real dollars like basically 10,000 points equals $1,000.00 cash. Which is pretty damn good. I usually easily earn that every other year.

But I hear the Amex has a ton more perks for travel and fun. I heard certain airports even have vip lounges for the more higher levels of amex card holders where you can eat and drink for free as you wait for your flights? Also heard certain stadiums have a Amex lounge where you can chill and drink and eat for free too if you seeing a game or concert?

I am leaning towards giving Amex a try again since theyll be giving me a gold card right off the bat and because it will primarily be a business card i can write off most of the charges and even the $300/annual charge.

What credit cards do you use? Anybody use Amex? Are you loving it? Perks?

Also any advice on NYC, Conn and Miami? Where the fine ladies be? Best happy hours, best bars etc? Thanks!

Looking forward to Anorak bringing back bs of the week.

MasterCard. Only debit and cash for me.

Comment

credit card outside of official business use? not me. I use credit for business but in my personal life nope. I cant buy it in full I shouldn't be buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
        Looking forward to Anorak bringing back bs of the week.

MasterCard. Only debit and cash for me.
        Lol just be happy i finally got good gig and won't be posting any job related threads anymore lol.

I used to have a Mastercard I was told its the most commonly accepted card in the word apparently? But Visa ended up buying the Mastercard I owned so now its a Visa? Weird huh?

Yeah I started 2015 only using cash and debit, but since I got back in the industry I had legit expenses and write offs and such so I started using my CC more again. It all started with the MayPac trip i had to charge my room, tickets, flight, etc. and well know how dumb of a decision that turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
          credit card outside of official business use? not me. I use credit for business but in my personal life nope. I cant buy it in full I shouldn't be buying it.
          Thats definitely a good rule of thumb to live by. I am helping out my family though and my mother. So whatever she needs i usually just charge it and pay it off as my checks come in.

With this new gig they'll cover my flights and hotel stays and even meals by either pre-paying for me or ill have to charge it all and just send in my expense reports to be reimbursed a month later. So I figure why not earn points for all of that at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
            Thats definitely a good rule of thumb to live by. I am helping out my family though and my mother. So whatever she needs i usually just charge it and pay it off as my checks come in.

With this new gig they'll cover my flights and hotel stays and even meals by either pre-paying for me or ill have to charge it all and just send in my expense reports to be reimbursed a month later. So I figure why not earn points for all of that at the same time.
            idk man just two different thought patterns here, I was raised never to ask and never barrow get it on your own, so thats what I live by.

My moms needs her bills paid (which I pay for myself) it comes out of my bank flow, ive been supporting my mother since I was 21 (lucky she lives in mex now lol) but yeah to each his own, your a grown man you know whats best for you.

Comment

Master and Visa.

Comment

Your resume must have more pages than Tolstoy's War and Peace by now.

Comment

I personally don't even have a credit card, my girl does tho. She has Mastercard with a picture of her cat and my dog on it. How magical right?
                  Last edited by Rudyo; 12-28-2015, 04:22 AM.

Comment

New England uses his daddy's

Comment

Working...
                    X