Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with nerves the day of your fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with nerves the day of your fight?

If you compete, or have competed, howd you deal with being nervous?

Being nervous is a normal passage to go through prior to competeing! I always believed and taught to prepare yourself void of excusses so that you can take your nervousness and turn it into positive energy! You need to learn to relax so you don't leave your energy in the locker room but knowing that your preparation was done successfully and your ready willing and able to compete gives you the convidence you need.
    I practice this approach using my spar sessions as if they were fight time so that I have a formular to use! It worked well for me until I got some experience under my belt!
    Get you body right, then your mind has no doubts! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Being nervous is a normal passage to go through prior to competeing! I always believed and taught to prepare yourself void of excusses so that you can take your nervousness and turn it into positive energy! You need to learn to relax so you don't leave your energy in the locker room but knowing that your preparation was done successfully and your ready willing and able to compete gives you the convidence you need.
      I practice this approach using my spar sessions as if they were fight time so that I have a formular to use! It worked well for me until I got some experience under my belt!
      Ray you provide a lot of good insight to this part of the forum. Thanks for everything.

But I agree, I feel as if being nervous should be dealt with in the weeks leading up to the fight. I use it as motivation during hard training sessions, so if im nervous the day of the fight ill know im fully prepared.

Comment

Good tips. Nervousness gasses me so quickly.

Comment

By grabbing onto my balls and biting into my gumshield.

Comment

Nerves is normal. To feel anxious or nervous.

I don't have no scientific solution to it though. After the past 4 years, I just jump into shyt that makes me feel nervous. I think of that. Vikings tv show, then do whatever it is I gotta do.

It will go away after the first contact. It's happened to me in every sport I've played. Football, baseball, basketball, soccer , boxing etc. After that first contact, everything goes relaxed and then it's just using my brain and training from there.

Comment

My Coach makes me do deep long breaths thru the nose and slow exhale from the mouth.

Breathing solved my side stitches but also helps a BIT w the nerves.

Comment

It's weird I get less nervous the day of the fight. i get more nervous the days leading up to the fight because there's a lot of time to think about what might happen, if you've trained enough, your weight, etc. During the day of the fight all I think about is getting in the ring and doing business.

Anyway I believe everyone is different. I personally just chill reserve my energy and just not think about the fight. Try listening to music a lot of fighters do that I personally don't I just relax and when it's time to warm up that's when I focus.
                Last edited by TRTboy; 07-22-2013, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  This. Especially in the build up to the fight the sparirng MUST BE REAL. That way the fight is just an extension of the training and is not such a big deal.

Comment

I listen calm music, close my eyes and imagine my self after fight standing with my hands raised.

Comment

Working...
                    X