No announcement yet.

Pac-JMM Promos in the MLB Playoffs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-JMM Promos in the MLB Playoffs

I've been watching almost every game of the MLB playoffs on FOX/TBS, and during every game they bring up Pac-JMM 3 or it's 24/7 at least once. Just an observation, dunno how much it will help PPV sales.

Haven't seen one on Fox, but on TBS they do at least two or three a game which make sense since they are under the same umbrella as HBO.

Comment

Yeah been seeing that a lot on the playoffs. Smart idea. Hopefully it'll bring some more numbers and attention to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Haven't seen one on Fox, but on TBS they do at least two or three a game which make sense since they are under the same umbrella as HBO.
        Actually maybe you're right, for some reason I haven't gotten a lot of the recent Detroit-Texas games on FOX in NorCal for some reason, so maybe it's just TBS. But I could've sworn FOX and TBS have a partnership of some sort though, I think I remember seeing TBS cross-promoting playoff games on FOX and vice versa.

EDIT: Meant Detroit-Texas and not Arizona.
        Last edited by Double_L; 10-13-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
          Actually maybe you're right, for some reason I haven't gotten a lot of the recent Detroit-Arizona games on FOX in NorCal for some reason, so maybe it's just TBS. But I could've sworn FOX and TBS have a partnership of some sort though, I think I remember seeing TBS cross-promoting playoff games on FOX and vice versa.
          Yea I have seen some baseball stuff but no boxing stuff, a lot of UFC shit though but that is on Fox. I don't always watch commercials though so I could have missed something but I know on TBS they are promoting the shit out of 24/7.

I haven't watched as much TBS during the championship series but I saw it all the time during the division round and I am sure it at least as much.

It is always good to promote a fight during other sporting events, the bigger the better preferably because someone who likes sports is much more likely to buy a fight than someone at random. Only thing that sucks for them is the fight is still more than a month away so it is still kind of far out but if they can get people into 24/7 it will work out just fine.

Comment

As a side note I don't know how much longer I can listen to "Written in the Stars" before I end up shooting someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
              As a side note I don't know how much longer I can listen to "Written in the Stars" before I end up shooting someone.
              That and the other damn theme that they play when they're in the studio.

Comment

UFC is gonna do huge numbers cuz everytime I watch a rangers-tigers game they show a ad for Cain vs Dos Santos.

Boxing needs to get back on network tv cuz ufc is going mainstream big time

Comment

all promotion big or small are good, specially on national TV ...

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    UFC is gonna do huge numbers cuz everytime I watch a rangers-tigers game they show a ad for Cain vs Dos Santos.

Boxing needs to get back on network tv cuz ufc is going mainstream big time

you can afford to do that when you pay yushin okami 32 grand for a title shot (knockout loss) to anderson silva.

Comment

Working...
                    X