Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion could Fernando Vargas have been a great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no I don't think so, he lacked the management, the self discipline and mental strength to be a great fighter.

Comment

VARGAS getting raped by trinidad......................

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
        He was so young and such a talented fighter for his age. Do you think if he didnt fight tito so early that he could have been a different fighter...a great fighter? Tito was p4p the best when the 22 year old Vargas gave him the hardest fight of titos career. I think he would have been a first ballot hall of famer with the talent he had. A different trainer would have done a world of difference imo. thoughts?
        He could have been great if Tito and Oscar chose to play golf instead. No... He was big on macho, low on chin.

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post

VARGAS getting raped by trinidad......................
          Trinidad let him know in the 1st few seconds, who Daddy was going to be that night. Vargas was like, "Damn, why am I falling... and WHY is the ref counting??"

Comment

You said it correct, amature fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiRock773 View Post
              don't mind these phuckin bitttch ass haters....Vargas was definitely on his way to being a great fighter...he got robbed in the olympics of a Gold Medal, beat Winky Right but was definetly rushed along way to quick....Tito had to resort to low blows to handle Vargas..those low blows had a hugue affect on the fight.
              So how did every other REAL fighter take multiple low blows and win the fight?

Watch the 4th round again, Tito was not even buzzed. He jumped up, clear eyes and was ready to destroy Vargas. He got caught semi off balance as was ALWAYS the case with Tito. He ALWAYS got up to kick some Asss.

I know it helps you sleep at night to think Vargas loss because he got his sack tapped, but deep down... you that's BS.

Vargas had the mind of a btch. Why do you think he held a female grudge against Oscar FOR YEARS just because he fell into a ditch and Oscar ran by him laughing... That sht is feminine.

Tito was simpy TOO much for the tough-guy gangbanger wannabe.

Comment

He made a lot out of his career as is if you ask me. wins over Campas, Marquez, Quartey and Wright are nothing to scoff at.

I think the big turning point in his career came in the Trinidad fight.

I really always wonder what would have happened had Trinidad not ripped his balls in half after Vargas knocked him down...I dont think Vargas would have finished him there, but I think Vargas would have damaged him enough to the head and body that it would have carried on and helped him out a lot later in the fight.

not to mention the psychological benefits and the pain of being hit so hard in the balls.
                It was a close fight, make no doubt about it. The early knockdowns when Vargas was cold was unlucky, but Vargas should have been prepared for it.

Comment

If low blows are what it's all about, then question every Chavez victory as he was BIG on punching balls throughout his career. Watch every fight in which Tyson was hit by some 230 plus, pounders to the balls. He didn't even flinch. Some fighters wanna be actors like Judah and Vargas. Sht, throw Cintron in there too. Granted, it hurts... but it happens in the fight game.

All that rolling around drama sht is for actors.

Comment

I don't think so. He might do well against gatekeepers but when you step up against elite fighters that's totally different situation. Hatton also was beating all types of gatekeepers, but was destroyed by elite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaster...Sad. View Post
                      If low blows are what it's all about, then question every Chavez victory as he was BIG on punching balls throughout his career. Watch every fight in which Tyson was hit by some 230 plus, pounders to the balls. He didn't even flinch. Some fighters wanna be actors like Judah and Vargas. Sht, throw Cintron in there too. Granted, it hurts... but it happens in the fight game.

All that rolling around drama sht is for actors.
                      The difference being that Trinidad did it directly after being dropped, and it was right in the balls, not like a simple graze below the belt or to the hips. Im not suggesting that it was intentional..it happens occasionally....but it happened in a situation that HEAVILY favoured Vargas.

Getting hit in the balls hurts. badly. the fact that youre suggesting that Vargas did it as an 'act' when he had just dropped and badly hurt Trinidad is hilarious, and shows that youre not only a moron but incredibly biased.

being a fan of a certain type of fighter is one thing, but stop being so obviously biased.

Comment

Working...
                      X