Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GGG gains if Cotto Vacates his WBC Title? Other Champs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
    The ring magazine don't determine who is the lineal champ! the ring mag determines the ring champ which often is the lineal champ!
    You're getting worked over semenntics. What's matters is that Cotto is THE champion of the division. Cotto loses his division championship if he moves to another division. It's that it simple. If you don't think GGG can't become lineal champ no matter what, then fine. But Golovkin can't still can't become THE champ while Cotto is there.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      You're getting worked over semenntics. What's matters is that Cotto is THE champion of the division. Cotto loses his division championship if he moves to another division. It's that it simple. If you don't think GGG can't become lineal champ no matter what, then fine. But Golovkin can't still can't become THE champ while Cotto is there.
      No he doesnt, Mayweather is the example of it. Mayweather is the lineal champ at 154, but he isnt the ring mag champ.

So GGG can become the ring mag champ but not lineal!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
        No he doesnt, Mayweather is the example of it. Mayweather is the lineal champ at 154, but he isnt the ring mag champ.

So GGG can become the ring mag champ but not lineal!
        Mayweather is the ring champ at 154.

Golovkin can't be the guy who the beat the man, who beat the man, etc..., but he can start a new lineage once Cotto vacates by beating the #2 contender.

Comment

Golovkin can't be the guy who the beat the man, who beat the man, etc..., but he can start a new lineage once Cotto vacates by beating the #2 contender.
          Whose #2 contender, Ring's or the WBC's?

I guess Quillin is Ring's #2 right now.

Comment

My bad I meant Mayweather is the lineal at 147 not the ring mag.

I agree with the second, but GGG is 32 and they will try to secure him the big $$$. Lucky for him the lineal champ is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing, plus is a fight he more than likely will win.

I would like to see GGG beat Quillin first and then take on Ward to see how he handles a great boxers his size!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Whose #2 contender, Ring's or the WBC's?

I guess Quillin is Ring's #2 right now.
              Its not specific to a organization, more than likely people go by the ring mag ranks!

Comment

Working...
              X