No announcement yet.

mainstream boxing fans, who really r they in the U.S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mainstream boxing fans, who really r they in the U.S

this is not no bait thread or a race thread, this is a serious thread i want to ask this question in this lounge. Is it wrong to say that the mainstream boxing fans here in in america is the mexican fanbase. If you coulnt puerto ricans, it is the hispanic fanbase, lol, we know mainstream america dont follow boxing for jack ****. lol, mainstream america instead of watching boxing.......... theyre probably watching the dallas cowgirls or listening to the spice girls or britney spears on their ****ing ipod. I think if you get the mexican following on boxing, lol, if you get labeled a a mexicutioner , youll get sucessful in boxing just for that, lol, puerto rican fighters get sucess due to the mexico vs pr rivalry, lol, that alone brings instant following to many of their fighters, lol, many other countries follow boxing but many those fighters never travel here in america and never get the mexican crowd to see them against a top mexican, i dont know why we as americans dont show no love to the american fighters, i personally dont like many american fighters cause most of them just try to box and not fight, paul williams and shane mosley were fighters and they never got the american support as fighters, they never were a draw, mosley only drew in big events sometimes but his sucess was based on the de la hoya victory(mexixican american fighter) win
    mexican and mexican american fans
    38.46%
    the hispanic fanbase
    46.15%
    anybody located outside the United States
    0.00%
    the americans are
    15.38%
    Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 08-05-2012, 09:07 PM.

in NYC everyones into boxing - blacks, ricans, mexicans, dominicans, whites, italians, everyone, even jews lol

Floyd and Manny have been carrying boxing lately and they not even hispanic.

All over the world theres huge fanbase, especially in east europe (like russia, kazakstan, azerbaijan).

But yeah, Mexican fighters en general make boxing fun to watch because they fight intense to the end with not much care in their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
      in NYC everyones into boxing - blacks, ricans, mexicans, dominicans, whites, italians, everyone, even jews lol

Floyd and Manny have been carrying boxing lately and they not even hispanic.

All over the world theres huge fanbase, especially in east europe (like russia, kazakstan, azerbaijan).

But yeah, Mexican fighters en general make boxing fun to watch because they fight intense to the end with not much care in their defense.
      FFloyd?been carrying boxing..... hheheheheee Hes been in jail Retired ducked fights sucker punched cheated people on weight and thats carrying a sport....your post was going good up until you mentioned Floyd...

Tha Greatest....by the way long time bro...green k to ya hommie!

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
        this is not no bait thread or a race thread, this is a serious thread i want to ask this question in this lounge. Is it wrong to say that the mainstream boxing fans here in in america is the mexican fanbase. If you coulnt puerto ricans, it is the hispanic fanbase, lol, we know mainstream america dont follow boxing for jack ****. lol, mainstream america instead of watching boxing.......... theyre probably watching the dallas cowgirls or listening to the spice girls or britney spears on their ****ing ipod. I think if you get the mexican following on boxing, lol, if you get labeled a a mexicutioner , youll get sucessful in boxing just for that, lol, puerto rican fighters get sucess due to the mexico vs pr rivalry, lol, that alone brings instant following to many of their fighters, lol, many other countries follow boxing but many those fighters never travel here in america and never get the mexican crowd to see them against a top mexican, i dont know why we as americans dont show no love to the american fighters, i personally dont like many american fighters cause most of them just try to box and not fight, paul williams and shane mosley were fighters and they never got the american support as fighters, they never were a draw, mosley only drew in big events sometimes but his sucess was based on the de la hoya victory(mexixican american fighter) win
        This seems like a follow up of your discussion about Broner selling around 4K seats and TMT promotion ability to draw mainstream.

If you see the numbers made by the biggest Americans not named Floyd, they cant sell 10K seats in their hometown. It has been mexicans. For a guy to sell less than 10K seats in their hometown it shows that it doesnt matter how good you are if you dont have the right promotional company behind you. It is stupid to think that TMT will be able to do the same thing TR have been doing for ages when they dont even have the stable to make in-house fights or the talent (outside of Floyd) to sell.

Compare to latinos/hispanics, look how good Narvaez do in Argentina. He has a big following there. Canelo and Chavez were drawing big numbers without even being champions. JuanMa Lopez was selling out in PR. Miguel Cotto Promotions are doing good numbers with D level fighters.

And lets not talk about European and Asians.

Comment

yes its defitnally the mexican who hold the majority of the fan positions....

Comment

" If it wasn't for Latinos, boxing would be dead"
            - Dana White!

I agree with this!

Latinos support their fighters no matter what! Chavez vs. Lee sold over 13,000 tickets!!!!! Broner vs Escobedo= 4,000??? And I bet 3,000 of those tickets were for Escobedo!!!!

Did you guys see thE Guerrero vs. Aydin fight? That shyt was packed too!

Comment

We run dis shat....

well, maybe not entirely lol, but I do believe Latinos are definitely contributing to keep boxing alive, if anyone thinks otherwise they need an elote in their culos.

Comment

Like the guys above me have said Latinos play a huge role.

The sport would not be the same without us.

Comment

at el pocho del Chiguy

Comment

Mexican and Mexican American fighters are keeping this sport exciting. I agree, most American fighters are extremely boring. Look at everyone praising Dawson-Ward, fight is going to be a snoozer. I'm glad Rios-Alvarado got signed cause us boxing fans are going to need that scrap to recuperate.

Comment

Working...
                    X