Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The key to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. = Pressure ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The key to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. = Pressure ?

Carlos Baldomir quote :

" Mayweather is very good, but I can beat him. I'm going right at him. I'm going to keep attacking and not give him a chance to breathe or move. Mayweather has never fought anyone like me before. "

Baldomir lost both of his titles (WBC and Ring welterweight titles) by unanimous decision .

During the fight, Baldomir chased Mayweather sluggishly, unable to land any meaningful shots but trying to remain the busier fighter, while Mayweather picked away with sharp jabs and hooks, even managing to cut Baldomir over his left eye in the first round. This pattern continued throughout the fight, thanks in no small part to Baldomir's weighing in at 162 pounds compared to Floyd at 149 lbs, leading some to believe that Baldomir's sole intention was to knock Mayweather out. The defensive-minded Mayweather, however, apparently not looking to knock out or even exchange blows with his opponent, put on what many witnesses called a "boxing clinic" to take Baldomir's WBC and Ring welterweight titles in a lopsided 12-round decision. Two judges had Mayweather winning all 12 rounds, with the other giving all but two rounds to Mayweather.

there isn't only one way to beat any one fighter.

with that said, pressure is good but that alone wont beat him. Watch Castillo. He used pressure but he also used a lot of head movement when he worked his way inside (which a lot of people tend to forget or don't realize) amongst other things

Comment

key to beating him is being a good fighter, comparing Baldomir to Pac smh

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        there isn't only one way to beat any one fighter.

with that said, pressure is good but that alone wont beat him. Watch Castillo. He used pressure but he also used a lot of head movement when he worked his way inside (which a lot of people tend to forget or don't realize) amongst other things

Mayweather was in bade shape during the first fight with Castillo and Mayweather beat Castillo again in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          key to beating him is being a good fighter, comparing Baldomir to Pac smh

Oh a boxer with 2 titles (WBC and Ring welterweight titles) is a bad boxer , wow ok
          Last edited by SyrianKid; 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
            Carlos Baldomir quote :

" Mayweather is very good, but I can beat him. I'm going right at him. I'm going to keep attacking and not give him a chance to breathe or move. Mayweather has never fought anyone like me before. "

Baldomir lost both of his titles (WBC and Ring welterweight titles) by unanimous decision .

During the fight, Baldomir chased Mayweather sluggishly, unable to land any meaningful shots but trying to remain the busier fighter, while Mayweather picked away with sharp jabs and hooks, even managing to cut Baldomir over his left eye in the first round. This pattern continued throughout the fight, thanks in no small part to Baldomir's weighing in at 162 pounds compared to Floyd at 149 lbs, leading some to believe that Baldomir's sole intention was to knock Mayweather out. The defensive-minded Mayweather, however, apparently not looking to knock out or even exchange blows with his opponent, put on what many witnesses called a "boxing clinic" to take Baldomir's WBC and Ring welterweight titles in a lopsided 12-round decision. Two judges had Mayweather winning all 12 rounds, with the other giving all but two rounds to Mayweather.
            You have the best signature in the business

Comment

imo to beat floyd you'd need to be:

- bigger and more physically powerful
              - skilled on the inside
              - tireless/very high output
              - skilled at cutting off the ring
              - can take a good punch

it really is a shame the margarito fight never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
                Mayweather was in bade shape during the first fight with Castillo and Mayweather beat Castillo again in the rematch
                He still has success in the second fight as well, despite floyd winning clear that time around. I'm simply using Castillo as an example, as to point out what he did well against floyd and what floyd struggled with.

Comment

Originally posted by underground man View Post
                  imo to beat floyd you'd need to be:

- bigger and more physically powerful
                  - skilled on the inside
                  - tireless/very high output
                  - skilled at cutting off the ring
                  - can take a good punch

it really is a shame the margarito fight never happened.

Basically you need to be Superman

Comment

floyd wont let anyone make a key to beat him by going to vacation and come out with another cherrypicked opponent
                    best way to stay undefeated

Comment

Working...
                    X