No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
    Glen Johnson: "Well, Joe Calzaghe and I had 3 dates to fight and he backed out of every one of them.." Hit play for a 2 minute clip where Johnson reveals what happened during the potential Joe Calzaghe match up(s).

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA
    Everyone knows Calzaghe is famous for cherry picking bums like Manfredo and worse. In fact Manfreado is like Godzilla compared to most of the guys Calzaghe fought.

Comment

Originally posted by VipersThunder View Post
      Everyone knows Calzaghe is famous for cherry picking bums like Manfredo and worse. In fact Manfreado is like Godzilla compared to most of the guys Calzaghe fought.
      Yeah like Omar Sheika

Comment

I dont know the full facts but isnt it normal to postpone a fight when someone is injured? If johnson had hung on for a month or two it looks like he would have got that fight. I think i remember johnson complaining about another time he was due to fight calzaghe, he lost to sheika and calzaghe went on to fight sheika next fight and not johnson, maybe a case of sour grapes here

Comment

Originally posted by VipersThunder View Post
          Wrong. HBO wanted the Manfredo fight, not Joe.

"I'm sick of fighting these kind of fights, I just can't get up for them. I'm bored." Joe Calzaghe on Manfredo

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
          Last edited by S A M U R A I; 10-25-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
            No disrespect to Glen, but even he knew he was never a great fighter. He said it himself. He is a hardworking and tough journeyman who's had a few big successes in the sport. That's it. Joe is an extraordinary fighter, Glen is ordinary.
            the last setence sums it up nicely - anyone who thinks that joe was afraid of someone like johnson is having a laugh.

johnson, froch and pavlik were/are all fighters who are made to order for calzaghe
            Last edited by hookoutofhell; 10-25-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
              Glen Johnson: "Well, Joe Calzaghe and I had 3 dates to fight and he backed out of every one of them.." Hit play for a 2 minute clip where Johnson reveals what happened during the potential Joe Calzaghe match up(s).

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA
              of course glenn. tell us something we dont know.

Although since you are in your 40s & probably shot & washed up after the dawson fight, he might agree to finally meet you.

That's his style you know.

Comment

Lol! He thinks that Joe was scared of HIM?!? It wouldn't be a contest even, Joe would play with him!

Really, he must be smoking too much ganja these days...
                WTF. this would hav been the toughest fight in calzaghe's career. calzaghe has a high punch output but glenn johnson does too except he throws actual power shots not slaps. johnson would hav gav calzaghe his first loss

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                  johnson would hav gav calzaghe his first loss
                  Do you really have no ability whatsoever to analyze style matchups?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    Do you really have no ability whatsoever to analyze style matchups?
                    Clearly not.

Calzaghe would of UD'd Johnson clearly.

Comment

No disrespect to Glen, but even he knew he was never a great fighter. He said it himself. He is a hardworking and tough journeyman who's had a few big successes in the sport. That's it. Joe is an extraordinary fighter, Glen is ordinary.
                      both are good fighters. neither one is extraodinary.

Comment

Working...
                      X