How good is Lamont Peterson.... really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    He is a complete scrub.

Probably journeyman level without his performance enhancing drugs.
    I'm almost positive he was allowed to continue using the TRT. He is not the only boxer who legally supplements.

Comment

Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
      Peterson got a lot of notoriety because he apparently gave Floyd Mayweather some good work once upon a time....

Then he got his ass whooped by feather fisted Tim Bradley, got whooped by Victor Ortiz.... and just about scraped by Glass Jaw King Khan't eventhough he was on more testosterone than a pro body builder....

Then he comes off a suspension and fights Kendall Holt, who's nowhere near elite....

and from that.... all of sudden Mathysse beating him, makes Mathysse the best 140lber out there???

because of Peterson? atleast if it was Peterson fully-juiced.... I'm not buying it....
      Damn you beat me to this one. I was thinking the same thing earlier reading another thread where Lucas is supposed to destroy Garcia. I think he is hyped to hell cause of that win but these Lucas fans would be saying the same thing u said if Danny beat Lamont. Cant wait for this fight so Danny can give the haters more excuses AGAIN!

Comment

Peterson's definitely a solid, world class fighter.

He's not an overly good fighter but definitely one of the best at 140.

And it's more to do with the way Matthysse dealt with him that was impressive.

Peterson has been in there with Bradley, Khan, Ortiz etc and the only person to deal with him in that fashion is Matthysse.

He proved his level that night.

Comment

Peterson is the second greatest fighter whoever lived, Devon Alexander being the best of course.

Comment

pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
              Peterson got a lot of notoriety because he apparently gave Floyd Mayweather some good work once upon a time....

Then he got his ass whooped by feather fisted Tim Bradley, got whooped by Victor Ortiz.... and just about scraped by Glass Jaw King Khan't eventhough he was on more testosterone than a pro body builder....

Then he comes off a suspension and fights Kendall Holt, who's nowhere near elite....

and from that.... all of sudden Mathysse beating him, makes Mathysse the best 140lber out there???

because of Peterson? atleast if it was Peterson fully-juiced.... I'm not buying it....
              Bradley didn't whoop him and neither did Ortiz. Bradley hurt Peterson on e or twice in the fight but that was it. Most of the rounds were very competitive but Bradley was able to edge him out. The scores were wider than the way I saw the fight and I've watched it several times. And Ortiz hurt Pererson badly but if it hasn't been for those kd's Lamont would've got the decision easily. He out boxed and counter Ortiz well after the 3rd round.

It funny when these idiot make fights talking about fights they never even saw trying to discredit what Peterson and Matthysse have done. I don't know why I even respond to these threads.

Comment

simply put, lamont is a VERY good fighter.

Comment

He's good enough to make me think he might've been able to beat Matthysse by the time fight night came around, put it that way. (and I thought Matthysse was "the man" at 140lbs leading up to that fight)

Comment

I don't dis like Peterson the guy fights everybody that they put in front of him but I thought he lost to Ortiz and Khan then Matthysse Ko's him in three rounds. Peterson does give a lot of 140 fighters tough fights Jr WW.

Comment

He's a very good, not near great fighter. The way and ease with which Matthysse handled him was stuning though. He's been in with world class fighters and no one has come close to beating him the Lucas did.

I could make thread like this for Amir Khan, Garcia's best win, and it'd get just as many responses.

Comment

Working...
                      X