Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 5 fights are in store for the remainder of Floyds CBS/Showtime Contract?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 5 fights are in store for the remainder of Floyds CBS/Showtime Contract?

In no particular order, here is a list of a fighters I think he will be fighting. Who do you think is on the list?

1. Danny Garcia - Will be easy picking for Floyd. Floyd will dismantle him with ease, but he has a large enough name to make it a fairly big money fight.
    2. Amir Khan - big name, brings in the over seas money as well. Very low risk-high reward fight for him.
    3. Tim Bradley - as Pacquiao's conqueror, look for Bradley to find a way out of his Toprank contract to make this fight happen.
    4. Devon Alexander - the man is in the process of rebuilding him name, after a few more fights he will be a viable name for Floyd to fight.
    5. TBD - most likely someone who has yet to move up in weight, from the lower weight classes.

Fighters I don't think are on the list.
    1. Manny Pacquiao - Manny is diminished goods now, Bob Arum knows it, he is not letting him anywhere near Floyd, he is going to milk him for all he is worth.
    2. Canelo Alvarez - To high risk for Floyd, perhaps if we are lucky as his 5th fight in the contract we will get Alvarez, but my fingers are not crossed.
    3. Lucas Matthysse - always a high risk low reward fight for anyone, without a significant boost in name recognition, this is a fight that will never happen.

Easiest to make:
    Danny Garcia
    Devon Alexander
    maybe Paulette?
    Amir Khan
    Kell Brook
    Marcos Maidana
    Sergio Martinez(@40)

Hardest:
    Manny Pacquiao
    Timothy Bradley
    Canelo Alvarez
    Lucas Matthysse
    Keith Thurman

Comment

IMO,

Floyd will pick Garcia or Khan next. Then, from whoever was left out:

Winner of Garcia vs Peterson or winner of Alexander vs Khan

Pacman(top rank contract will run out soon - 4 fights)

winner of JMM vs Bradley(JMM's contrac expires after Bradley, right, 3 fights?)

Gamboa/Broner/Burns

Comment

Working...
      X