Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Nonito Donaire: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Donaire would destroy him. Rigo seems a little green still. It seems that he is being rushed along quickly in his career.

Comment

Rigo by KO

Donaire has serious technical deficiencies in defense and in attack. Suppose Rigo has a very weak chin and Donaire has a big power for 122. Rigo also has power and until I know he never lost by KO. Donaire will attack with his horrible defense and will receibe very hard counterpunches so... Rigo by KO in 9
      Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        I think Donaire would destroy him. Rigo seems a little green still. It seems that he is being rushed along quickly in his career.
        I'm sorry but Rigo has a lot of experience, more experience than the experience that Donaire will have in all his sport life.

You can talk about amateur and professional differences, and it's right, are different approaches to boxing, but... the true is that Rigo beated hundreds of fighters, with all the possible style and any possible physical conditions.

Donaire never, NEVER, has fought a boxer with Rigo's skills and power.

Comment

Rigo by decision even though I have worries about his punch resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Lets see how he looks against an aging Nishioka because I believe he looks horrific against southpaws except against a tiny Darchinyan whose wreckless as hell.
            I like Guillermo but lets be honest here, an aging Nishioka is light years better then everyone Rigondeaux has fought to date. As of right now, Nishioka is the top dog at '22. If you talk about Rigo vs Donaire then everyone is basically arguing for who is 2nd in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Being hurt is one thing. The thing is, you are only gonna catch Rigo with 1 shot. You are not gonna hit him with a second, so the 1st better put him away.
              But Marroquin caught him with 2 though.

Comment

I think Rigo wins in a boring ass decision victory.

Donaire could land a bomb and drop Rigo, but I'm betting Rigo plays it really careful against a dangerous opponent like Donaire. Rigo was a bit reckless against Marroquin and suffered because of it. I think Rigo underestimated Marroquin's toughness and power.

Comment

Some ppl here forgetting to mention all the distractions Rigondeaux has leading up to the fight, they not mentioning that Rigondeaux was in Miami this past Wednesday in court and then flew to Vegas with only two or three days to get acclimated, he was fighting a big puncher with over 300 amateurs fights that fight night look like he was a lightweight instead of a 122, Marroquin was in Vegas from the beginning and ppl doesn't give him credit but he is a good young fighter, still Rigondeaux won a least 10 or 11 rounds, he put him down hard twice, the last was a beautiful combo and it was obvious that he didn't have confidence in his stamina for the twelve rounds, the two times he got hit one he was on the ropes and it was a good shot, imo if Marroquin land that bomb on anyone else the fight will be over, the second was on top of his head while clowning and lost balance, nothing to worry about it, I think he have a good chin because the Marroquin can punch and the first one was flush, stilll Rigondeaux never lost sight of what he needs to do neither was rattle by the punch, the fight needs to happen and Rigondeaux will not be bore with Nonito like he gets when outclassing others fighters.

Comment

Donaire by decision...and would be a very boring fight to boot.

Comment

hell, dont even think rigo beats vasquez jr...

Comment

Working...
                      X