Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any options that Mayweather has at 147 that are not cherry picks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    So in that case Mayweather-Garcia won't be Garcia's first fight at Welterweight then so what's your point? You know that Garcia has had plenty of fights at Welterweight in his career?

Isn't that exactly what you're saying there with the closing sentence?

Why is he not ready "at 140"? He's moving up one weight class.

he's not ready for floyd if he moves up to 147 is what i'm saying...i thought i made that very clear but apparently not.

Comment

I think he's ready because he's proven at the top level, shown he's a top fighter and should be considered to be amongst one of the top 10 P4P best fighters in the world.

He's seasoned, skilled, has power in both hands, timing that Mayweather arguably hasn't seen, good chin and in his prime.

The weight's not an issue because he's the right size for WW, clearly with intentions to move up and the same size as Mayweather.

What makes you think he's not ready? And who does he have to beat to be ready?

Timing that Mayweather hasn't seen? He has fought so many styles in the ring on fight night, and this doesn't even include the many fighters he's fought in sparring. Garcia brings nothing he hasn't seen before. Nothing! If you said Pacquaio, maybe you could argue that point because Pacquaio's style is quite wild and unorthodox, and he's a southpaw to make things all the more awkward.

What Garcia has going for him is power. That is a key element because with luck, he can possibly put Floyd away. But that's only if luck is on his side, as anyone can get lucky. Garcia is not ready whatsoever. But honestly, he'll never be ready for a Mayweather -- not today's version.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Mayweather has pretty much ran out of options. GBP doesn't have anything left to feed to him to make a big PPV with. Maybe a FLOP PPV would make Showtime panic like they did after the Guerrero fight numbers was Average (at least by Mayweather standard) and it forced them to give the fans the Canelo fight earlier than originally planed because allegedly the Canelo fight was suppose to come at the back end of his CBS/Showtime Deal

Amir Khan would be a complete JOKE and I don't care if your the biggest Mayweather fan, if that is who he is fighting next...NOBODY should even try to defend that choice and Mayweather will deserve all the bashing he is going to receive if he picks Amir Khan
        All that stuff is just rumor you are feeding into. Showtime did not panic to make a Canelo fight. That fight was made because it was financially the biggest fight to be made outside of Pacquaio that would be very easy to make.

You know there's a rumor that the next fight may be Floyd's last fight? Supposedly, Floyd only planned to do 3 fights for the Showtime deal, rather than fulfill 6. There's no shortage of rumors man.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          he's not ready for floyd if he moves up to 147 is what i'm saying...i thought i made that very clear but apparently not.
          So when will he be ready for Floyd? Who does he have to beat to be ready?

Garcia's had 15 fights at Welterweight already so why isn't he ready?

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            Timing that Mayweather hasn't seen? He has fought so many styles in the ring on fight night, and this doesn't even include the many fighters he's fought in sparring. Garcia brings nothing he hasn't seen before. Nothing! If you said Pacquaio, maybe you could argue that point because Pacquaio's style is quite wild and unorthodox, and he's a southpaw to make things all the more awkward.

What Garcia has going for him is power. That is a key element because with luck, he can possibly put Floyd away. But that's only if luck is on his side, as anyone can get lucky. Garcia is not ready whatsoever. But honestly, he'll never be ready for a Mayweather -- not today's version.
            I don't know.

Who's Mayweather fought with the timing Danny has?

Comment

• 147- Manny, Bradley & Alexander

154- Sergio(If he can still make the weight), Trout Vs Lara winner or a second fight against Cotto.
              Last edited by Riley Freeman; 12-03-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I don't know.

Who's Mayweather fought with the timing Danny has?
                I'm not even going to go there as it's such a ridiculous thing to discuss. Garcia isn't even more technically sound, nor better, than his fellow Rican Miguel Cotto.

Garcia will never be ready for Mayweather. As far as 'proving' himself at Welterweight, a win against someone like Devon Alexander would be enough. Or maybe Robert Guerrero as an honorable mention.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  I'm not even going to go there as it's such a ridiculous thing to discuss. Garcia isn't even more technically sound, nor better, than his fellow Rican Miguel Cotto.

Garcia will never be ready for Mayweather. As far as 'proving' himself at Welterweight, a win against someone like Devon Alexander would be enough. Or maybe Robert Guerrero as an honorable mention.
                  I don't think it's a ridiculous it's a pretty simple question. After all that's the part of my post you challenged isn't it? I can't think of a fighter Mayweather's fought with the timing Danny has.

I think Danny at this point is better than the Cotto that Mayweather fought.

I don't understand what beating Alexander or Guererro will prove. He's already beaten Matthysse and Khan which are just as impressive of victories as they would be.

Danny's already more than proven enough at this point.

Comment

• the only dudes that mayweather could fight that i wouldnt call a cherrypick would be:

147- manny, bradley, garcia, ruslan, thurman

154- angulo, lara, trout, molina,

if floyd faced any of these guys i would have no problem with it

Comment

Working...
                    X