Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most exciting current American boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the most exciting current American boxer?

I had a couple of mates round last night and one of them said "Americans area great boxers, but they are always boring, check out Hopkins, Mayweather, Ward, all can fight, but all are hardly entertaining inside the ring"

I said there is the likes of Kirkland and Broner who seem to be good value entertainment for casual and hardcore fans.

Who do you guys think is the most exciting American fighter (beside Mexican-Americans) and do you agree with my mates statement that Americans whilst good fighters are boring inside the ring?

Rios, Kirkland, Broner & Ortiz (if he counts).
    Last edited by P4P_No1; 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      I had a couple of mates round last night and one of them said "Americans area great boxers, but they are always boring, check out Hopkins, Mayweather, Ward, all can fight, but all are hardly entertaining inside the ring"

I said there is the likes of Kirkland and Broner who seem to be good value entertainment for casual and hardcore fans.

Who do you guys think is the most exciting American fighter (beside Mexican-Americans) and do you agree with my mates statement that Americans whilst good fighters are boring inside the ring?
      I was literally about to say Rios until I read the bold.

And yes, I fully agree that they are boring and I am American myself. American fighters need to earn my attention and respect and they just don't do that, at least the majority of them don't.

Current American fighters that I don't find boring:

-Miguel Cotto (born in Rhode Island)
      -Danny Garcia (to some extent)
      -Mattysse (he's American right?)
      -Kirkland

So I guess Mattysse is not Argentine-American, he's from Argentina. That leaves me with 3 American fighters....that's kinda sad actually.
      Last edited by YDKSAB; 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

The most exciting way to fight isn't the smartest. If a fighter can cruise to a victory without taking a risk they will do that because that makes them money, losing doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          Brandon Rios, Mikey Garcia, Robert Guerrero, and Danny Garcia are exciting to watch.
          All Mexican.

I can't think of any entertaining American fighters, only Mexican-Americans...

Comment

I agree Matthysse is an exciting fighter, but he's not an American, he's a citizen of Argentina.
            haha I know just realised after I posted the TS asked for American fighters.

Comment

Oh and I guess you could say Kelly Pavlik even though I don't like him personally.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                All Mexican.

I can't think of any entertaining American fighters, only Mexican-Americans...
                Rios was born in Texas
                The Ghost born in Cali
                Swift borin in Philly
                Mikey born in Cali too.

Doesn't this make them American citizen with Mexican decent? Or is that what the TS is on about.

Comment

The TS clearly states "EXCEPT FOR MEXICAN AMERICANS" come one guys!

Comment

Garcia isn't a Mexican. If you called him a Mexican, he'd likely punch you in the face.
                    He's Mexican/Rican.

If a dog is born in a barn, does it make it a horse?

Comment

Working...
                    X