Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik vs Mikkel Kessler....Who Wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pavlik would knock out kessler and calzaghe

Comment

i dont see this mythical footwork Kessler has when he is preassured he does not step off to the side to avoid the line of fire he goes backwards and against Pavlik his back would hit the ropes and Pavlik would land his right hand

the more i think about it the more i think Pavlik would win

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
        his footwork is mediocre Ricky why do u think Calzaghe was able to chase him back to the ropes and land that body punche or keep the punches coming when he came foward with an attack because Kessler does not step off to the side when he is being attacked he goes straight back in a line

Pavlik would negate his power by sticking him on the backfoot the way he did Miranda and i have seen no evidence what so ever he has a better chin than Pavlik

Pavlik was dropped by Taylor cause Taylor hit him bang on the chin it would have Koed most fighters and it was made worse by Pavlik clowing
        Yes, it would be safe to say that maybe and i say Maybe Kessler has more skill

but to say Kessler beats him is a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingfigs View Post
          Yes, it would be safe to say that maybe and i say Maybe Kessler has more skill

but to say Kessler beats him is a long shot.
          yeah i agree Kessler has more skill but based on styles i think Pavlik would win

Comment

Pavlik would win and if Kessler's management could find a fighter with the wrong style for him, then Pavlik would be it. Kessler has a habit of moving straight back an he would be in line of Pavlik's straight punches. Calzaghe being able to back Kessler up really makes my confident about my prediction as Joe can't punch. If he gets back up by Pavlik consistently, then he would be stopped from accumulation. Pavlik is just too hard of a puncher. If Kessler can somehow keep the fight in the center of the ring, then he can maybe out box Pavlik to a decision but i doubt it.

Comment

this is exactly what im talking about going back in straight lines watch 2 min 43

Comment

i dont see this mythical footwork Kessler has when he is preassured he does not step off to the side to avoid the line of fire he goes backwards and against Pavlik his back would hit the ropes and Pavlik would land his right hand

the more i think about it the more i think Pavlik would win
                Kessler is one dimensional , Pavlik is not Ive explained why I think this in other posts , lots of people think upright and straight punching is one dimensional there is a lot more to it than that .

Kessler wont handle Pavliks pressure over 12 .

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                  Kessler is one dimensional , Pavlik is not Ive explained why I think this in other posts , lots of people think upright and straight punching is one dimensional there is a lot more to it than that .

Kessler wont handle Pavliks pressure over 12 .
                  i im not sure Pavlik is not one dimmensional either but his one dimmension matches up better against Kessler than vice versa IMO

i take you point though Kelly does do some good things that work well for him like throwing the left hook to push his man inline for the booming right hands

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                    Kessler by clear UD. Might get tagged a couple of times, but if he's in shape and sharp on talent he should take a UD. AND he called Pavlik out, fix it up Kelly, Abraham and him called you out you ducker.

Hang on...
                    pavlik is ducking a guy who just got beatdown? makes perfect sense. hey margarito your ducking zab judah!

Comment

i im not sure Pavlik is not one dimmensional either but his one dimmension matches up better against Kessler than vice versa IMO

i take you point though Kelly does do some good things that work well for him like throwing the left hook to push his man inline for the booming right hands
                      I feel one dimensional is more related to varied pace and ability to adapt than a style , Kessler is a frontrunner he likes to sit in a grove at the right distance for his long range and wide stance , he cant fight backwards , he cant fight inside when crowded and fights the same pace right through , Kelly can box or he can slug he can fight long or short range , his bodywork is getting good and Kessler has hardly any body work .

Kelly is a puncher he fights like a puncher its like saying Arguello or Monzon were one dimensional I look past the stance and style and try and see what work they are getting done , Kelly has a mixed bag Kessler dont .

Comment

Working...
                      X