Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Ok explain to me in the simplest best possible way why the division is not full of has-been and never-weres.
    He can't....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      because a fighter they dont like is the best guy in it, so they have to say its ****
      This basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        I agree with you bro to an extent but in all reality the same can be said about 50-75% of every boxing division. Does 154 suck because none of them have faced each other? How about 147? None of them have, the only one trying to unify in 147 or taking a dangerous fight is Jessie Vargas but hes supposedly the lowest hanging fruit, Im assuming now its because he has the biggest cajones....
        Absolutely agree. When a guy people dislike for whatever reason is dominating a division the easiest answer is to label it weak.

Klitchko dominated but his style was awful to watch, so everyone said that HW division is weak. When Calzaghe cleaned his division, it was labeled weak. Hagler's long reign came in supposedly weak division. Same thing for Hopkins@MW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          Well so far you've only mentioned two. Those two you can't say they were true MWs. I haven't seen you mention a true MW that was a true test for Hagler yet.
          I've said two. Sure. And they may not have been MWs but they were dominant forces in the division right below him. And at least in the case of Hearns and Leonard they were great before they even fought him. You really aren't saying anything to refute my point, you know. Hagler had great fights with smaller GREAT fighters. Top 20 all time guys, who actually went on to do GREAT things at MW and above. Golovkin said the relatively unproven Kell Brook is gonna be his toughest test to date, and that may be right.

Comment

Golovkin and his own trainer said Brook is his hardest test to date. If a weltereweight coming up to middleweight is his hardest test to date you have to admit it's a weak division. Or you have to admit it's a BS fight and they're making outrageous claims to justify the fight. One or the other.

Comment

I think your upset that GGG is cleaning house and the rest are incognito

Comment

Dominic Wade never even fought at 160 and was a ranked contender to fulfill a mandatory~

Curtis Stevens has done what? Snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat against Tuereano Johnson?

Tuerano Johnson gave Curtis Stevens all he could handle.

Willie Monroe won Boxcino

Lemieux beat N'dam

Quillin beat N'Dam

Rubio beat Lemieux

Jacobs beat Quillin.

Rosado gave some dude tough fights in loses but loses every time he steps up.

I can go on and on but all I see at best is mediocrity with all of these fighters, and on a world class level they are essentially zeros. So give me reasons why I should think the division is even average~

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  I've said two. Sure. And they may not have been MWs but they were dominant forces in the division right below him. And at least in the case of Hearns and Leonard they were great before they even fought him. You really aren't saying anything to refute my point, you know. Hagler had great fights with smaller GREAT fighters. Top 20 all time guys, who actually went on to do GREAT things at MW and above. Golovkin said the relatively unproven Kell Brook is gonna be his toughest test to date, and that may be right.
                  How could Mugabi be a dominant force when he wasn't even a world champion before facing Hagler? Let's not forget he got knocked out in his next fight against someone in his own division. FOH with that dominant bullshit!! Leonard and Hearns were still smaller dudes, can't change that. Like I keep telling you, real Golovkin fans don't see anything special with the Brook fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Dominic Wade never even fought at 160 and was a ranked contender to fulfill a mandatory~

Curtis Stevens has done what? Snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat against Tuereano Johnson?

Tuerano Johnson gave Curtis Stevens all he could handle.

Willie Monroe won Boxcino

Lemieux beat N'dam

Quillin beat N'Dam

Rubio beat Lemieux

Jacobs beat Quillin.

Rosado gave some dude tough fights in loses but loses every time he steps up.

I can go on and on but all I see at best is mediocrity with all of these fighters, and on a world class level they are essentially zeros. So give me reasons why I should think the division is even average~
                    Well said. This is a classic example of where the junior and super divisions water down the level of competition.

Comment

There could be some excellent matchups made at middleweight, if Eubank, Saunders, Jacobs and others were not such prima donnas.

I hope Derevyanchenko fights someone in the top ten next time out.

Comment

Working...
                      X