Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Speculation.

Toney tested positive unlike Hopkins.
    When his fat ass was old and coming off injury.

The steroids did very lil for his half ass resume and legacy.

Now old man borenard...... well...... aside from beating some welterweight stars...... his legacy is defined by his longevity which hgh helped.

Comment

• Toney did some things better than Hopkins but overall the sum of Hopkins is greater than Toney

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        When his fat ass was old and coming off injury.

The steroids did very lil for his half ass resume and legacy.

Now old man borenard...... well...... aside from beating some welterweight stars...... his legacy is defined by his longevity which hgh helped.
        You don't actually buy that excuse?

He tested positive more than once, by the way.

You say Welterweight stars and I wouldn't dispute that. Although I'd say Hopkins resume is more fighting smaller guys at a higher weight class than just welterweights.

That said, would Toney beat Tito as easily as Hopkins at 160? Would he beat Winky and Pavlik as easy as Hopkins at 170? A resounding no is the answer.

I am far from a Hopkins fan. But he's a whole different level to James Toney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Mayweather dominated Canelo Alvarez moreso than he did Maidana yet still called Canelo the better overall boxer. So yes, it's feasible that Jones thought Toney was a better boxer than Hopkins. When both fighters were in their physical primes, Toney did have the better record and better resume. That's a fact.

And Hopkins himself has said Toney is more gifted.
          I don't care about other fighters beating other fighters easier and who's better between them.

You said "even fighters who have fought both said Toney's better"

Who? Because all I see is Roy Jones. Do you have a source for him saying Toney's better?

Do you have a source for Hopkins saying Toney is better than him?

Comment

I don't care about other fighters beating other fighters easier and who's better between them.

You said "even fighters who have fought both said Toney's better"

Who? Because all I see is Roy Jones. Do you have a source for him saying Toney's better?

Do you have a source for Hopkins saying Toney is better than him?
            In this video around the 1:15 mark he says Toney was more talented than himself. And please don't be that guy who denies a fact when it's presented to him just so he can win an argument. Hopkins said he had more discipline than Jones and Toney which led to his greater longevity but NOT ore talent than those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              In this video around the 1:15 mark he says Toney was more talented than himself. And please don't be that guy who denies a fact when it's presented to him just so he can win an argument. Hopkins said he had more discipline than Jones and Toney which led to his greater longevity but NOT ore talent than those guys.

He said he's more talented not that he's better.

And that statment is debatable.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.... View Post
                Hopkins also had better boxing IQ..
                How do you justify this statement? It can be argued that Toney has the better wins...

Comment

Hopkins utter domination of Tito is better than any performance Toney ever had then again Toney didn't dominate any top fighter he faced.
                  Toney holds that KO over Evander Holyfield...

Comment

• Hopkins although the more I think about it, the closer it is. But it's definitely Hopkins, regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                      Toney holds that KO over Evander Holyfield...
                      Over Evander Holyfield's corpse, yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X